#WUM39

#WUM39

Kabado ako sa paglipas ng gabing iyon. Chique forced me to stay for lunch until dinner that made me real nervous because of Ajax's probable presence.

But it didn't happen, though. Thank God.

I couldn't fully detail everything happened the whole day. I was just listening to her rants and story telling until she finished frying some eggs and chicken parts for our lunch. Sa tanghalian, madaldal pa rin siya at nagkukuwento tungkol sa buhay dalaga niya.

I know I heard some of it before but I didn't know why it was still entertaining to listen to. Kahit tahimik akong nakikinig ay buhay ang diwa ko at natutuwang marinig ang kuwento niya.

It was my first nice lunch in a while. She also pulled me out of the house to be with her while she was playing cards with her friends in the same compound. She even let me try to play her cards with bets on.

Luckily, I got good cards.

"Di ba, ang saya mag-sugal kahit minsan! Natuto ka na ba?" tanong niya sa akin noong kumakain na kami ng dinner pagkabalik sa bahay niya.

Ginabi kami sa pagsusugal niya.

Tumango naman ako. "That's still illegal."

Humalakhak siya.

"Nasa loob lang naman ng compound. Madali lang tumakbo at walang pumapasok na pulis dito. 'Wag ka mag-alala, 'nak!"

Napabuntonghininga na lang ako. Masyado lang siguro akong seryoso at sensitive sa mga bagay na hindi ko kinasanayan. I didn't have to say as if it was so bad to do because we were different - we had different lifestyle.

Tumawa ulit siya.

"Masyado ka namang seryoso sa buhay! Ang buhay ay weather-weather lang sabi ni Kuya Kim kaya magpatangay ka lang! Live the life to the fullest lang tayo rito, 'nak! Ika nga nila, WOLO!" she said and winked with her hands lifted like a rock star.

I blinked. "Isn't it YOLO?"

Or did she just change that? Nanay nga talaga siya ni Ajax kung ganoon.

"We only live once kasi! Kung YOLO, parang sinolo mo naman 'yon!"

My lips rose up until I couldn't suppress my laughter. I bowed my head while laughing loudly.Oh, it felt good to laugh like this sometimes.

I don't even know what's funny but she looks like a cool mom as usual. It's funny to see a mom like her because I'd never seen my adoptive mom being like that. Lalo pa na tinawag niya akong nak doon. I felt like she was my mommy that's so happy and untroubled to bond with.

"Tama 'yan, 'nak! Tumawa ka lang, pero 'wag sobra baka bigla kang mag-asawa!"

My eyes pressed tighter as I laughed more. It was really funny to hear those lines with rhyming words.

It was relieving and refreshing to laugh like this. I've never laughed for a long time. Did I ever laugh this good and real, though? Si Chique lang yata ang nakapagpatawa sa akin sa simpleng pananalita lang. She made me feel like her own daughter that she wanted to make feel her motherly care.

I was feeling good and delighted that day even when I finally went home.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt nervous knowing that I'd see Ajax and we'd have a practice together for her mom's demand.

Hindi ko alam kung anong lamang sa excitement at kaba habang hinihintay ko ang oras.

I was silently praying that it would be dismissed. Baka sinabi na rin naman ni Ajax sa mama niya iyong sitwasyon namin. Knowing him? He doesn't want to make me feel awkward around... but who's gonna care now?