Chapter 3

Timmy McKenzie

School drags on like an episode of a bad drama series. I don't even catch a glance of Curtis in the hallway like I sometimes do and not Nadia too. I also notice that people keep stealing glances at me when I walk by and even in class, it was unsettling.

"Guys, I think maybe I pooped on myself," I say, entering into the School's paper office— Glendale's times— and turning around in a circle to see if I have a stain on my pants or anywhere else.

"Whoa," Billy and Jet exclaim, moving away and even covering their nostrils.

I roll my eyes, "I didn't, thank God but everyone is looking at me outside like I did."

"Oh," they both say, returning back to their various activities. "That."

I pull a swirl chair and sit on it, "okay, please explain what you mean by 'oh, that'."

"You're wearing the I am gay poop," Billy says, her scarf that she uses to cover her hair and neck and shoulder resting on the chair. Leaving her thick dark curly hair exposed to Jet and I.

I blink, "yeah, I've been wearing that since I came out."

Came out is a strong word here because I didn't even actually come out, people just started assuming I am gay, teasing me up and down and I guess I went with the flow because I am actually gay and dancing with Kenny who's already very openly gay at the Sadie Hawkins dance confirmed it. That can be my Come Out, right? It just wasn't dramatic, isn't a Come Out supposed to be dramatic? It was a very normal, "care to dance with me, Timmy?" offer and I didn't even think about it before going for it. I wonder if I had known it'll be my Come Out, would I have said the plain, "okay, then"?

"You're also wearing the I am Curt's best friend, I am always with Curt and he just confessed to being gay poop," Jet says and I just blink at him. I've been pretending to forget that and not think of it.

Billy hits her hand on the table, "I've always knew there was something more to you guys. You're too close to be just best friends and the way you look at each other," she shook her head. "I could've predicted this."

So many things were going on at the same time, I am finding it hard to concentrate on just one. "Um-"

"How long has he been gay?" Jet asks like he's interrogating me for the school's paper. "Wait, have you guys been secretly dating all this while but pretending because Curt is so deep in the closet so he dates girls to keep appearance?"

Billy gasps, "plot twist, it's Timmy who's actually scared of dating out in public and makes Curt date all those girls to hide their relationship."

"Bigger plot twist," Jet says, eye wide. "Timmy is pregnant."

Billy gasps so loud and long, I fear she would pass out. "That would explain so much."

I stare deadpan at them, "it's disappointing to know I call you both friends."

They laugh and Jet groans, "what's even more disappointing is that you didn't get any picture of the drama going on."

I glare at him, "really?"

"I got," Billy says, waving her iPhone. "It's a last minute picture though, as they glumly left with the principal."

Jet collects her phone, "yeah, this should do. Great job."

"Wait, we aren't actually going to write on this, are we?" I ask them although I already know the answer.

"Write on the biggest news that has happened to the school since the teacher student relationship news with Rahim who is now rumored to be married to her somewhere in Ohio?" Jet asks, giving me a look that says I must be crazy. "Of course we're not."