Chapter 13

Timmy Liu McKenzie

The school is buzzing with news and gossip. Is it still gossip even when it's the truth? I guess because the way people keep talking about us just has to be gossip.

I don't know how many minutes Curtis and I kissed but I know it was the need for air that made us broke apart. We didn't say anything and just looked at each other for another minute before Curtis smiles and takes my hand with him, leading us into the school. I knew why he did it then too because as we walked away, I could see Nadia and her group trying and failing to look at us— Nadia herself looked stunned and embarrassed. We haven't said a word to each other since then and I don't think we are even going to say anything. I know I have nothing to say. The kiss was good, we did good. Too good. Now we are at my locker and I'm slowly switching up my books, my heart still beating and my lips still tingling. Curtis is by my side, relaxed on the locker next to mine looking at me like I am some Da Vinci code.

I'm never going to finish switching up this book at this rate, so I summon up courage and turn to him. My eyes meet his glazed hazel once and we're both caught off guard, Curtis looks away first coughing to himself and smiling a bit and I sigh with a stupid smile on my lips, "um, aren't you going to go meet your impatient friends?" I ask him, nudging my head in the direction of his locker where his Ice Hockey guys were surrounding. "You don't need to watch me like a hawk and follow me. I'm pretty sure everybody is convinced we're a couple now." And I need to breathe well, I can't do that of my heart keeps racing like it's in the Olympics.

Curt blushes, his hand reaching up to touch his neck. "Right, I guess so."

He doesn't go immediately though and his eyes meet mine again and we stand there looking at each other. This isn't good for my heart, I gesture with my head again, laughing at whatever it is going on now. "Go on then."

Curt nods, reaching up to fix my glasses before leaving. "Bye, I'd see you at lunch."

"Okay." I watch him walk a distance before looking away and sighing so deeply, resting a hand over my heart and my head inside my locker. "You can stop dreaming now, Timmy's heart."

This is my second kiss and honestly the first kiss has been rendered null and void because of this one. The bonfire guy and I kissed longer but everything I started feeling the second Curtis's lips touched mine is a hundred times greater than what I don't even remember I felt kissing the guy. It's not surprising since I'm in love with Curt, he's my dream everything and he just fulfilled one of my most persistent dreams and wishes. It's also not healthy seeing as he's my dream guy and blah blah, this entire thing is fake. The kiss... it was fake and for show. My heart leaps just thinking about it and as much as I hate to think about it, nothing about kissing Curt felt fake. It was as real as any other thing we've experienced together in our years of friendship, more real even.

The way his hand held me close and tight was real. The way his lips moved with mine causing everything else to disappear around us was real. The way my hand held his hair and his reaction to it was real. The electricity and pull was so real. The exploding feelings I got when my tongue touched his, was real. It felt everything single thing. I turn to look at Curtis looker and I don't know if it's coincidence but he is looking at me too. It was real alright but I wonder if the realness went both ways or if I was the only one feeling all that. If I am the only one feeling this way.

"Liu McKenzie!" Billy screams, coming to stand in front of me thereby cutting off my eye contact with Curt. I blink at her face and I just know what she has come for.

Jet laughs, "Billy calm down, you'd give the guy a heart attack at this rate."

"Yes," I agree with Jet, turning so I can shut my locker. Dream time officially over. "Billy calm down."