Chapter 10

Curtis Salazar

My foot is tapping on the floor, I'm aware of it but I cannot stop it. I look at Warren talk but I'm barely hearing the words coming out of his mouth, cursing under my breath, I turn again — despite telling myself that I wouldn't anymore — to look at Timmy still trying to buy us drinks and flirting with Alex Bailey.

What could they possibly be talking about? Does Timmy even know how to flirt? Why would he flirt with Alex Bailey, the dude's a stoner and if he's not a stoner, then he's a dimwit. Only a dimwit with joke around with Timmy's obvious feelings for him? Alex doesn't deserve Timmy, the more I look at them, the more I come to that conclusion. And he's a college dropout, I mean what possibly could he add to Timmy's life? The funny thing is on a normal day, I don't dislike Alex. We talk, shake hands like bro and exchange greetings. I only dislike him when I see him with Timmy.

Curtis, stop it, Timmy's likes Alex...

"Ahem," Abel clears his throat, hitting my shin with his foot and I snap my eyes to him, unconsciously wearing a glare. "Whoa," Alex retreats raising his palms up with a chuckle. "Calm down Salazar, I'm not the one about to snatch your man. I have my girl."

They laugh and I sigh, rubbing my finger over my forehead, it is starting to ache a bit. "What are you talking about?"

"You know how Bailey is a charmer," Quincy starts, holding in a laughter. "And is sweet talking your boyfriend, making him laugh and blush and charming his way into his heart. Plus his a highschool graduate which automatically makes him hotter than you?"

I scoff at that, "are you kidding me? Bailey?"

Quincy shrugs, "looks like his charm is working well on Timmy."

"Yeah, does Alex know Timmy is your boyfriend now?" Warren asks. "Because it really looks to me like he... doesn't."

I take a bite out of the big slice of pizza I'd taken out for myself before this unnecessary conversation started. "I don't need to tell Alex shit... Timmy's mine." Before I said Timmy's mine I thought it is going to feel weird to say out to them and I might end up betraying myself with a laugh but then, I doesn't feel weird and no form if laughter comes out. It actually feels right saying it, it kinda fits in and maybe it because Timmy has been my best friend for ever and I his. Nobody can take that away from us, I look over at Timmy again; yeah, Timmy's mine.

"Oh that's my guy," Abel slaps my shoulder with a proud laugh. "Completely confident and trusting in himself and his relationship. You guys should leave Curt be." I nod in agreement.

"Tch, I can't help but pick the jealousy aura oozing out of him," Quincy says, fixing his eye on me with a smirk.

I rest a hand on the table and stroke my jaw, "yeah, I know right. Oh, maybe it's you Quincy, I mean there's gotta be loneliness in being soo single, right?"

"Ooo," the guys laugh and we shake hands then jump into another conversation as Quincy tries to defend himself and pull Warren singleness into it. I really try to focus on the argument but then, it's like I'm physically unable to.

When I turn back to them, I see them holding hands and I swear to God something weird pulls at my chest. I scoff, going up to my feet before my mind can have a say in the matter, completely ignoring my friends and making my way over to Timmy. Part of the plan is to let Alex know Timmy and I are dating, what better way is there to let him know than actually letting him know.

Neither Timmy nor Alex see me coming and it's not until I put my shoulder around Timmy that he turns to look at me not startled or surprised. I'm the one who gets a bit surprised even when he calmly looks at me and I blink at him, his eyes looking really light and clear. He raises a brow at me and I exhale, not letting my little surprise show and using my finger to touch his small nose. "Hey, what's taking you so long, boyfriend?"