Chapter Six - Sundown!

A five-star, luxury building was not what Paul had in mind when he visualised The Quaintestial Hotel... but that was exactly what it was.

It was located about a mile north of Saffron City Gym, sat on the very edge of the expensive shopping district, and everything about the hotel was grand and overdone: a grand entrance, complete with railed steps that lead up to the golden framed revolving doors, and a smiling doorkeeper – dressed in a dark red jacket with golden buttons, and a black hat to match his trousers: a massive lobby, adorned in shades of black, creams and golds: overly helpful staff that insisted on taking their luggage – two backpacks: and the large shiny elevators – that they actually bypassed, along with the grandiose stair cases that lead to the upper floors, as they were in fact, staying on the ground floor.

It was more like a mansion – which in hindsight, it actually might have been at one point.

The distasteful people they'd passed, that looked ridiculously wealthy – the type that wanted their rich status obviously known and broadcasted, had Paul frowning at the impudence of some people. There had been one woman, maybe in her forties, whose noes had wrinkled at them when they passed her – she obviously overindulged in food considering her girth, and she was wearing one of those shiny expensive dresses, with lace, and covered in jewellery. The woman had been followed by two fat Delcatty wearing diamond collars, each decked out in bows and ribbons – it took the term pathetic to a whole new level.

Paul had also noticed that the hotel was positively pokémon friendly. Many people here had pokémon outside of their pokéballs as they stood around gossiping and what not, and there were even Clefable helping in the lobby and at the desk.

When they were finally alone in their oversized room, Paul checked his watch. It was four-fifteen, so they had to be in the conference room in forty-five minutes.

"Hey Paul!" Ash shouted from the adjoining room. "Get in here and check out this bed!"

Paul glanced around at his surroundings – the room had a modern sort of elegance to it. The cream tones against the light grey carpet, with the big window that was framed in light golden curtains, made the room feel bright and regal. Positioned in front of the three-seater chesterfield sofa, was a simple glass-top table with golden legs.

Paul shook his head; just as long as there was a working shower and a clean bed, he didn't care about the hotel décor all that much. He walked past the desk area – complete with a golden lamp and a phone for room service – and over to the door from which Ash's voice had traversed. The bedroom was large – although, it was not as big as the main room.

Ash was spewed out on his back, a top the king size bed that carried the same décor form the main room he'd just left – creams, golds and greys. Ash looked as if he had sunken into the mattress, and the grey coverlet pooled around him.

"Hey," Ash smiled up at him, "this bed is so soft! It's like laying on fluffy clouds."

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed, palming the pillow above Ash's mop of messy, obsidian hair.

"You should come try it, Paul."

Paul ignored Ash, glancing around once again: glass-topped bedside tables, made of golden wood, stood either side of the bed: a cream bell lamp, with a golden base, stood on each bedside table, with plugs for charging which every device that the occupant of the room required: an armchair sat by the window: a large chest of draws stood to his left against the wall, matching with the bedside tables: and a door to the right lead to the en-suite.

"I'm going to have a shower." Paul decided, moving into the en-suite bathroom without another word.

With a slight frown, Ash sat up and blinked at the closed door.