Prologue

Every day was the same and you were bored. How were you supposed to feel excited if you already knew what was going to happen? Every morning you woke up and put on your school uniform. You got dressed, ignored your father and brother at breakfast if they bothered to show up, and then got driven to school. None of it was thrilling in the slightest. Truthfully, you couldn't remember the last time you genuinely smiled. They've been forced lately. Fake in order to give others comfort and so they would think you were nice. It's not that you were rude, you just couldn't be bothered to have genuine interactions with others.

All you wanted was to stay locked up in your room. It's not like your friends actually cared about you. As for your family, they were hardly around. Mother left when you were just a toddler. She was most likely still alive though she clearly didn't want to stay here. You used to resent her. Why did she runaway like a coward? Though as you grew up with a strict father and a cruel brother, you realized she had saved herself. A part of you wished she had taken you with her. You didn't talk much with your family though when you did, it always felt like it shaved years off your life.

Life was grey even with how much you tried to slather pink on everything. Baby blue or a soft yellow. Pastel colors were gorgeous in your eyes though it came across as too childish to your family. Too feminine. Their approval wasn't something you bothered to achieve anymore. You just tried to focus on yourself as frustrating as life could be. You got ready as always, hurrying into the back of the familiar BMW. Mansu was waiting patiently in the driver's seat. He was an older man who has been your family's personal driver for years. He drove you around the most since he was your favorite. He hardly talked and was nice.

He drove you over to your school while you stared down at your phone. You had your ear buds in, not caring for anything in the real world. Down on the screen was what took up all your interests. It was a secret of yours although you felt like your family was onto you about it. Was it a bad interest? Not really. It gave you a lot of joy seeing as it was your passion. However, a woman with a passion was not something praised in your household. It was seen as a threat.

Well, they better feel threatened.

You were feeling exhausted with keeping up this ladylike image with no brain. The only reason they let your interest grow was because they thought it was harmless at first. It was just you buying a sewing kit and some fabric. Father didn't blink twice to see the charges on your credit card. So many yards of various fabrics were bought along with a sewing machine. A few dress forms as well which your brother thought was creepy. Sketch books were beginning to pile in your room with all kinds of designs. Ones you've followed through with, ones you've scrapped temporarily, or entirely given up on. Your interest in fashion was just a hobby in their eyes.

Sure.

Your eyes stayed glue on your phone as you watched Celine's spring collection getting shown off at Paris Fashion week. This was one you were eager to watch considering they had a new creative director on board. Their new creative director was...interesting to say the least. Hedi Slimane was the entire reason Celine rebranded and no longer held the accent. When that decision was made, it was pure chaos in your opinion. The logo was changed slightly but you knew right away that this man was trying to replace what Phoebe Philo built. After all, Celine would have not been noticed if it weren't for their previous director. She truly understood what it meant to create clothes for real women.

When you watched the recent runway for the spring collection...wow. You weren't aware trashy looks were in. What were you even watching? Mansu wasn't aware of how you were fuming in the back seat. Phoebe created simple pieces that were still luxurious for women to wear. As a woman herself, her clothes really spoke to independent women. You loved to see the suits she created as they were subtle, but powerful enough to show the image of a strong woman. Watching Hedi's change with Celine was atrocious. It felt like the women were being mocked. The steps Celine took to a modern woman felt like they were taken back.