Cinderella

Ch.2

Jung Hoseok. It had to be him! His face was permanently stuck in your head, particularly the hurt expression he gave you the day before graduation. Just seeing him made your heart nearly jump out of your chest. You never thought you would find him again. Much less here of all places! You didn't know what to do, but your body was already acting on instinct. You froze. Bringing your hand up to your sunglasses, you pushed them all the way up before trying to scurry closer to Hoseok. Not in a creepy way! Well, it was slightly creepy if you were being honest, but you needed to make sure that this was actually Hoseok.

If it wasn't then you would be convinced that you were paranoid. After you finally take a step closer to your dream, he suddenly appears? This had to be some sick dream. You would pinch yourself just to make sure, but there was no time for that. Right now you were on a mission before your first class starts. Jewelry Science doesn't even start for another twenty minutes so you were safe. You have enough time to check this stranger out and confirm your suspicions. This was when standing out sucked though. A girl in high end clothes crouching behind a bush and peeking at a boy was quite the view.

Whatever, you didn't care what anyone thought. This was crucial! You stared in between the leaves, trying to find the best angle to check this guy's face. Could he stop moving? You wanted him to stop walking and like magic, he finally did in front of the bush. He was typing on his phone, allowing you to get a good view of his face. Hoseok had a soft smile like it was no effort. Everything about him radiated calm and relaxed. Woah. It really was Hoseok, but...he's still attractive. That part wasn't really fair if you were being honest.

Well...what do you do now?

The plan was always to apologize to Hoseok. That's what you wanted to do! Yet you were stuck hiding behind a bush with your brain scrambling to put sentences together. The goal was to immediately apologize to Hoseok for what happened that day, but now that he was in front of you...your mind was blank. Why was it blank!? Gritting your teeth, you tried to shrink behind the bush. Somehow all the apologies you've rehearsed in your head over the past year decided to vanish in an instant. That's so messed up!

Wincing to yourself, you crawled away from the bush and hurried towards the building that your Jewelry class was in. Hoseok was standing outside on his phone, probably heavily scarred to this day over what happened the fateful day! In front of almost everyone in your grade, he was mocked! Hoseok must have struggled to leave the house after the incident. He was so brave and he had to be stronger now if he was out and about. That didn't explain why he was here of all places and it didn't excuse why you ran away like a coward.

It's just that you didn't know what to say to him. How should you start the apology? You wanted to make sure he got the apology he deserved. He was going to get one no matter what. Was he going to get one right at this moment? By the looks of it, you might need a day or two to prepare. You'll have a whole speech ready for him when it's time! Hoseok will realize that you've been regretting that day for the longest time. Not once did you ever mock him back then though you could have done more. That you acknowledged and especially since you couldn't change the past. It'll be okay though...you'll tell him you're sorry if you see him on campus again.

"Don't sweat it, (F/n)." You sighed when entering the building. You didn't bother taking off your sunglasses just in case. If you needed to conceal your identity any longer then these would protect you. They were fool proof!

And that was exactly the plan during Jewelry Science. You took a seat in the back and began to take your sunglasses off. Just as you were about to close them, your eyes widened to see Hoseok entering the classroom. NO. Flinching, you turned around to shove the sunglasses back on. So he's actually a student here!? He didn't randomly get lost on this campus by any chance? You kept your head down, pretending to be studying the material of your backpack. Everyone in your class was acting normal including Hoseok. He walked up to the front, taking a seat while you whined pathetically to yourself.