Poor & Rich

Ch.6

There was nothing you could do when you spent time with Seokjin. You hated breathing the same air as him and it bothered you that no one around you cared. Kyunghwan knows Seokjin as his best friend from school. The two got along well, especially since Seokjin's family was also extremely well off. They're quite the awful pair. But you still remember the day Father had invited Seokjin to join you guys for dinner. While it wasn't that uncommon to have Seokjin around, you felt like you were stabbed when Father announced that you were engaged to Seokjin.

He never once had that conversation with you. Never did Father sit you down and ask you about arranged marriages. Your feelings were none of his concern when all he cared about was business. Seokjin being wealthy and heir to his father's company made him a perfect candidate in Father's eyes. The close ties with Seokjin and his family felt too convenient. And sure, Kyunghwan and Father got along well with Seokjin. But did they ever take the time to see how you were around Seokjin? Anyone could see how you allergic you were to Kim Seokjin.

The man you're supposed to marry isn't someone you love. You've almost accepted that you weren't going to choose your own husband. Still, did it have to be Seokjin? He's literal garbage. Seokjin doesn't know how to give you basic respect nor does he understand boundaries. You're constantly worried for your safety when you're with him. There's no reason your fiancé should make you feel that way. Though you've had this internal rant in your head far too many times to count. You didn't even want to think about the times you've cried over this.

It was all thanks to him.

"Hey! B*stard!" You threw a spool of thread at Kyunghwan's back. It was one of your thicker ones so he better have felt it! Eyes narrowed on him, Kyunghwan froze the moment something hit his back. His shoulder blades were nearly touch as he stood uncomfortably. He slowly turned to face you, processing the fact that you chose to attack him. He had just gotten home from work or wasting time. Kyunghwan was on his way to his room as usual until you decided to be violent.

"What is your problem?" Kyunghwan growled. He looked down to see the spool that you had tossed at him. He scoffed, bringing a hand up to his temple. "What's your tantrum about this time?"

"You really tattled on me to Abeoji!" You marched up to him. Kyunghwan was quick to laugh at this, staring down at you with a sick smile. "You're a child."

"I'm a child? I asked you what you were doing and you didn't answer me. I think you deserved to be taught a lesson." Kyunghwan smirked. "Abeoji thought it would be nice to set you in line with our values and remind you just how much you owe the family. We're all doing our part. Don't forget yours."

"What? Marrying that f*cking pervert?" You hissed bitterly only for Kyunghwan to grab your shoulder and push you against the wall. It didn't hurt you, but you still felt your heart drop to your stomach.

"Wash that mouth of yours." Kyunghwan stepped closer to threaten you. "You can say goodbye to college if you keep that up."

"..." You inhaled through your nose, avoiding eye contact with him. If you looked at his annoying face then you just might scream some more at him. It was easier to yell at Kyunghwan even though he often made arguments physical. At the same time, he did hold power over you. You hated to admit that although it was true.

"That's what I thought." Kyunghwan leaned away from you, pleased by your silence. Your blood was boiling just knowing the type of look he was giving you. Kyunghwan thought you were weak. For the most part, he thought you were all talk and no action. Even when you did try to fight back, it always came back to bite you. Kyunghwan always did his best to make you understand how powerless you were. You were aware just fine.