Emotional Constipation

Ch.9

When you woke up in the mornings, you used to just stare at the ceiling. It could be for a few seconds or you would waste half an hour doing nothing like that. These days you felt a little more purpose. There was more reason to get your body to move. Your limbs needed to wake up and you needed to push yourself to go to college. That was your motivation even if college was going to be another lonely addition to your life. At least you were doing something with your future. While that was all good, you had another reason added to your list. It would have been unexpected a year ago though now it was only fitting.

Hoseok made you happy and most importantly, he made you feel safe. You finally had a friend to hold your hand. Someone who could listen to you and who genuinely cared about you. After spending time with Hoseok in his neighborhood, you realized just how grateful you were to have him as a friend. He doesn't take advantage of you like others. He lets you be yourself, he understands you, and he's there for you. That's more than you could ever ask for. You never knew someone could be so warm like Hoseok. He was sunshine personified.

Just when you thought your friendship with Hoseok couldn't get any better, it did! The two of you have easily grown closer now that you've shared your secret with him. You've noticed how much more time the both of you try to spend together. After class finishes, the two of you go to McDonald's to work on assignments. If he has work then you hurry over to the bus stop with him. You've told him that you can get Mansu to drive him though Hoseok always declines. He's stubborn but you're stubborn too! Hoseok just laughs at your pout, hugging you tightly before getting onto that large bus. He'll always rush to the back just so he can wave to you until it turns the corner. Hoseok's the best!

Anyone could see how close the two of you were. Sitting next to each other in every shared class, speaking to one another any second possible, and the both of you being very affectionate with one another. You were probably holding hands with Hoseok more than most girls did with their male friends. You just liked how warm his hand was. It comforted you and Hoseok liked keeping you close anyway. Hoseok did his best these days to look after you almost as if he was a parent. You weren't that much of a troublemaker! Though he thought otherwise when the two of you were in Jewelry Science.

"Don't set yourself on fire." Hoseok sighed. You kept the grin on your face as you held the flint striker in your hand.

Professor Orlov was walking around the lab as he went over what all of you were supposed to be doing again for the third time. He repeated himself a lot, but you didn't mind. Today's lab was working with simple copper bands. It was a basic metal that Orlov just wanted you guys to practice on. From what Orlov showed you guys at the front of the laboratory, it looked easy enough. You were confident while Hoseok wasn't convinced. He already took your scrunchie from your bag and pulled your hair back in a ponytail for you. He really is just the cutest!

"Fire!" You quickly scrunched the flint striker, jumping to see the spark. "Woah..."

"Please give me that." Hoseok begged as you shook your head. You brought the striker in front of the gas torch, making sure it was turned on before scrunching the striker again. Hoseok pursed his lips yet there was actually a flame coming out!

"Tada! You should trust me more." You removed the gas torch from the hook after adjusting the flame.

"I'm just worried." Hoseok ran a hand through his hair, nearly distracting you for a second. Well, he didn't have to look that attractive doing the bare minimum. You blinked multiple times before focusing back on your work. Grabbing a tweezer, you picked up the copper and hoped it would heat up enough so you could work on bending it. You're going to make yourself a bracelet! Sure, a copper bracelet isn't something you would normally get. It's still possible to make it cute though. That was something you were certain of and you were already thinking about outfits! "(F/n)!"