The Party

Tilly decides not to ask her parents for permission and instead leave a note and go. So on the day of the party she goes home with her friend. "I'm so glad your parents said you could come!" her friend squealed. "Yeah me too." Tilly lied. "Tell your mom I said hi darling" her friend's mom said politely. "I will"

As Tilly entered the house she felt her stomach drop, she felt so guilty about what she had done. What is done is done, Tilly told herself.

A few hours go by and she decides she should head home so she's there before her parents get out of work. She said her goodbyes and as she turned to walk out the door she bumped into someone.

"TILLY WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" her parents yelled. "I- i- Mom! Dad! What are you guys doing here?" Tilly stuttered "Bringing you home is what we're doing" her dad said. The car ride home was silent, full of tension.

When they got settled in at home her mom said calmly, "Listen I'm sorry we yelled at you in front of everyone but you need to understand that we were worried sick and praying you were still there" "I'm sorry I would've asked but I thought you were gonna say no because you can never agree and I-i-i thought that I wasn't going to be able to have a fun summer with my friends before we move."