Eleven.

A/n; I just love that photo of Hawk. 🥰

The first half of the day went by pretty fast for Wren and by lunch the gut wrenching feeling in her stomach was about ready to eat her insides. She had second period with Robby, and the two of them had spent art class whispering about what had just happened in first period. Third period she had with Miguel, who ended up balling his fist so hard he broke his pencil and got a splinter that Wren had to help him pick out in the middle of English class. Fourth period she had thankfully with Aisha and Tory, which was free period, they also had it with Hawk, but they didn't see Hawk or Mitch basically the whole time. Now, it was finally time for lunch and Wren had absolutely no appetite.

She walked into the cafeteria alone, excusing herself to the bathroom and telling Tory and Aisha she would catch up. She looked around the large cafeteria for her friends, startled when somebody bumped into her.
"Yo shit watch where you're.... oh, well hello." Wren looked at the tall Asian boy that had bumped into her. "Uhm hi, sorry I was standing in the doorway, kind of my fault." She gave him a sheepish grin.

"Nah beautiful, it's okay, I'm Kyler, but you can call me Ky," he flashed a grin at her. "I'm Wren," she replied, still trying to sort out her friends. "You can come sit with me, you look new," Kyler stepped in front of Wren, blocking her view of the rest of the cafeteria.

"Hell no she won't be sitting with you, fucking creep ass. You fucking talk to her again and I'll break your fucking face."

Wren knew that voice, she watched Kylers face drop and his skin pale. "Nah man sorry, didn't know she was with you," he held his hands up in a surrender manner. She could feel Hawk looming over her...now he was suddenly interested in her presence? "Hawk, stop," she muttered firmly but Kyler had already taken off. Hawk stepped in front of her, "you're wearing my clothes and you're telling me to stop, alright princess, common, tables over here," he guided Wren toward the table of her friends, who had clearly all seen the scene just a few moments before.

Hawk sat down, pulling Wren into his lap, "yeah I don't think so," she began to get up and he wrapped his arms around her. "Are you mad at me cause I was late this morning? I'm sorry, I know today was important being your first day," he whispered, his voice soft, the complete opposite of how he had just spoken to Kyler.

"And how about that little whisper stunt this morning in first period," Wren looked at him, brows furrowed, He kissed her forehead and her face softened up a bit, pout still in full effect. "I was just mad you sat with that fucking dork, Demetri," he shrugged, as if that were a logical explanation. Wren looked to Miguel who only sighed, "We all used to be friends but Demetri didn't like Cobra Kai, he went to Miyagi Do."

"Okay well how was I supposed to know that?" Wren scoffed, looking back at Hawk. "You weren't, " Tory interjected, "Hawk don't be a dick," she defended Wren.

Hawk shot Tory a dirty look before looking back at Wren, "sorry I let my temper get the better of me," he apologized, giving Wren a frown. "Forgive me?"

Wren studied Hawk's face, he had sounded sincere, but it was always a persons eyes that gave them away and Hawk's looked fearful, afraid of her saying no, afraid of rejection. "I forgive you, but don't ever pull stupid shit like that again," he grinned, leaning forward and kissing her. Wren melted into him, her hand on his cheek as she kissed him back.

Wren pulled away and Hawk started talking to Miguel, but Wren saw the brunette girl over Hawk's shoulder... and Moon was staring at her very intently, so intently it was impossible she was looking anywhere else.

—-

The rest of the day flew by, Hawk was in the rest of Wrens classes, and stayed glued to her side, making sure they were sitting next to each other. Wren enjoyed the attention, Hawk acting like his regular self, but she still couldn't shake the feeling of the way his ex girlfriend had been looking at the two of them.

Their last class of the day was gym, and Hawk immediately fell into his element with his friends in class with him. Wren and Tory sat in the bleachers, watching the boys play soccer. As long as they looked like they were doing yoga stretches, the gym teacher pretty much left them alone. "I'm not crazy right? She was just like... staring, yeah?" Wren looked at Tory.

Tory folded her arm behind her head, placing her hand on her bent elbow, stretching. "No, she was staring like a damn lion looking at a deer or some shit, but the two of them haven't been together for a while, and she's the one that ended it," Tory pressed her lips together, thinking. "I mean, like she literally called him a bully and everything." Tory definitely was not going to tell Wren about the tattoo thing, that was for Hawk to explain.

"Were they together a long time?" Wren put her left leg out, stretching down slowly. Tory shook her head, having switched arms to stretch, "Psh, not at all, maybe two months or three?" Tory cocked her head to the side, thinking about it. "Yeah definitely way less than five months for sure," she nodded her head.

Wren hummed in thought, jumping as somebody planted a swift smack to her butt. She turned around to see Hawk grinning and she smacked his chest, he grabbed her wrist, pulling her close and kissing her. "You're so flexible," he muttered, "absolutely sexy." He kissed her again and then was gone, back to play soccer.

"Infuriating shit," Wren shook her head and Tory laughed. "Aren't all dudes?"

—-

Wren finished showering after gym, her and Tory had joined in on the last twenty minutes of the soccer game and had gotten utterly sweaty and dirty and she needed a shower before changing back into her regular clothes. Once she was all dressed and sorted, she went toward the locker room door to head out to her car. Wren got into the parking lot to find Hawk leaning against the drivers side door. "You took forever in there," he teased. Wren stuck her tongue out at him, popping open the trunk and throwing her things inside, she grabbed Hawk's bag and did the same, closing the trunk.

"So... you wanna go grab something to eat?" Hawk asked as Wren came back around to the front of the car. "Are you asking me on a date?" she questioned, raising her brow. "Nah, this is just food, but I do have something in mind for this weekend," he admitted with a grin. "Just going to eat isn't a date," he informed her, grabbing her hand to pull her closer. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he put his hands on her hips.

"Eli Moscowitz, a romantic ?" she questioned with a smirk. He gave her a look, "This is all Hawk, baby," he stated proudly, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her. Wren kissed him back, a smile on her lips as she did so. "I'm addicted to these lips, " he muttered between kisses. "And they're all mine."

"Oh are they?" She teased, "Don't recall you asking me to be your girlfriend yet," she teased. He pulled away, "well since you've gotta ruin everything..." he reached into the back pocket of his jeans, pulling out a long, black velvet box. "I was late this morning cause i was picking this up for you."

He opened the box and inside sat a silver Hawk necklace with a small heart outline in its chest.

"ooh

"ooh... it's beautiful," she cooed, looking up at him. He pulled it out of the box, opening up the clasp. Wren turned around, gathering her hair so Hawk could put the necklace around her neck. He closed the clasp, kissing Wren on the neck. "Will you be my girl?" He whispered against her skin.

"Yes, yes I will," Wren turned around, capturing Hawk's lips with her own in a passionate kiss.