chapter 2

unedited

7:00 am

"we have arrived at the neo city airport." the voice from above announced.

sunghee energetically shot up in her seat, excited to finally be in korea, before the jet lag took over.

her eyes drooped as she took a glance out the bright airplane windows. it felt weird, but the girl knew she could adjust to it fast. she was moon sunghee after all.

slowly, the passengers on the plane began to filter out, leading sunghee steps closer to a new life.

———
13:00

mr prez
hey sunghee
you're definitely in korea rn
its been over 24 hours
how are you

sunghee felt her phone buzz between her skin and her cold bedsheets, making her groan.

nana simp
hey lele
im fine, just tired
how are you?

mr prez
i hope you feel better :)
and im doing awesome ofc
thank you noona

nana simp
im-
did you just call me noona?

mr prez
i did, noona
you are in korea now, after all
and ur a year older yk

nana simp
please never call me that again
makes me uncomfy bro

mr prez
FINE IM SORRY

nana simp
NO ITS OKAY

mr prez
so
did your mom call

sunghee sharply inhaled, taken aback by the question. no, her mom had not called. or texted. she hadn't contacted the girl ever since she found out her father was moving to korea and that she was going with him.

sunghee's parents were divorced. and like most divorces, it had ended roughly.

her mother had an affair, leading to the woman packing up and leaving her daughter and husband for another man.

all her mother had ever wanted was sons, and thats exactly what her new boyfriend had. three of them to be exact.
to be honest, her father wanted sons too. he never said it directly to sunghee, but she had heard it through the walls late one night, during one of her parent's many arguments.

sometimes sunghee wished she were a boy, too. she felt like she was the reason why her family was torn apart. why they didn't love her. if only she had been a boy.

mr prez
sunghee?

nana simp
sorry i got distracted hahahahha
no, she didn't call

mr prez
fuck her
she doesn't deserve you

sunghee felt a small smile creep up onto her lips.

mr prez
anyways, since were in the same city now-
do you want to meet up

nana simp
dude ofc i do
when
where

mr prez
i have a basketball game in a couple days...

nana simp
A COUPLE DAYS?!??

THATS TOO LONGAND ISNT THAT THE DAY BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS

THATS TOO LONG
AND ISNT THAT THE DAY BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS

mr prez
YEAHHHHHH BUTTTTT
YOU'D GET TO MEET JAEMIN

nana simp
MY NAME SAYS IT ALL
IM DOWN

nana simpMY NAME SAYS IT ALLIM DOWN