chapter 22

unedited

fluffy clouds filled the morning sky, light greyish colours as they moved past each other at a slow pace

fluffy clouds filled the morning sky, light greyish colours as they moved past each other at a slow pace. snow threatened to fall from the november sky, temperatures growing colder each day as they travelled into winter.

the wind was strong that morning, sending chills down the pair's spines while they walked through the early streets. sunghee hugged her extra coat tight around her school uniform, goosebumps rising on her bare legs.

her hair was tied back into a simple braid, a couple strand of hair framing her face that flew lightly in the wind. beside her, mark was also pretty cold, only in his shorts and in the hoodie that sunghee lent him.

a large house came into view, the two's eyes latching onto the dark-ish exterior. the garden outside was well kept, and sunghee spotted a couple squirrels climbing up the tree in the middle of the yard.

"i'll be quick," mark muttered, taking a quick glance at the girl before running up to the large house.

they had school that morning, and mark didn't have his uniform so they were currently at his house so he could pick it up.

as time passed, the girl stood awkwardly on the side of the deserted streets, bag filled with books making her back ache.

after minutes had gone by, the sound of a door slamming echoed through the neighbourhood and out came a figure. he had changed into his uniform, backpack on his back, and looked pretty fresh and ready to start the day.

the thing that bothered sunghee wasnt his tie that sat loosely neglected on his chest, or the couple buttons messily undone on his shirt. it was the red hoodie that hung on his arm, the one that he wore almost on a daily, that continued to hide his face from his friends.

mark looked like he was ready to put it on, slowing his pace as he approached and adjusted his arms. but before he could make a move the hoodie was snatched straight from his hands.

"hey!" he exclaimed, bottom lip jutted out accompanied by furrowed eyebrows as he looked up at the girl in confusion.

"you aren't hiding in this today," she muttered sternly, swinging her bag around to stuff the material into it. "go back inside and get a jacket."

"but-"

"no buts," sunghee snapped, startling the boy. "you heard me. make sure the jacket has no hood. i'll do your makeup when you get back."

at the word "makeup", a distressed sigh escaped his lips, paired with an eye roll. but he knew she wouldn't let it slide so easily, and began to stomp his way back up the driveway.

he returned shortly, black jacket overtop of his blazer and a frown on his face, ready to protest. "isn't it too windy to do my makeup-"

"yes," she interrupted, hand latching onto his wrist as she took a step towards his house. "that's why you're gonna open your garage for me."

———

RING RING RING

"bro we're gonna be late," mark swatted at sunghee's arm, the girl immersed in her phone as they neared the school.

"relax markus," she replied casually, making no move to speed up. "what, do you have some special class cause the last time i checked you hated science."

"argh- true. but aren't the boys going to wait for us-"

"no- i texted the group chat."

"oh."

"don't look, but there are a group of freshmen swooning over you in the corner," sunghee sniggered as she watched the young teens, each lovestruck by mark's different appearance.

the boy began to turn his head in the direction she was pointing to but was met with a smack in the face. "i told you not to look, dipshit."

"jeez sorry." he grumbled, clutching his cheek. but his hand soon slid up to his eyes, using his phone camera to admire the healthily coloured skin. 

he had to admit, sunghee did a pretty good job.

mark was surprised when she revealed her makeup job to him, and she told him it was "magic" and it would look like that again if he got a proper sleep.

"relax, you look great," she nudged him playfully when she noticed him looking at his face again, the two slowing as they approached the art room. "not that you didn't before. also thanks for walking me to my class."

before he could respond, the girl had already slammed the door shut.

some mark and sunghee chapters for y'alllll

i like building friendships between characters🤸‍♀️

also 1k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you <3