chapter 20

i really need to start editing these chapters💀

unedited

when the two reached the apartment, sunghee shoved her key into the key place or whatever its called, mark closely behind watching over her shoulder

when the two reached the apartment, sunghee shoved her key into the key place or whatever its called, mark closely behind watching over her shoulder. it was late, the hallways empty as always but the muffled hum of tvs could be heard through passed doors.

mark was a little jumpy, being in a newer, unknown environment, and stuck right on sunghee's tail. he stayed very close, even after the girl released her hold on his arm. he even ran into her back a couple of times, resulting in suppressed curses.

his lips had stayed sealed the whole time since she had told him to stay silent, just in case her father was home, and to follow her every step unless she instructed him not to.

the lock made a faint 'click', signalling that it was unlocked which the girl then took advantage of, giving the wood surface a push.

the door creaked open, emitting a loud, ear-piercing squeal that made them both freeze.
"stay back."

mark nodded, shrinking back until he was out of the door's line of sight. sunghee carefully took a step through the doorway, scanning the surroundings for any sign that her father had come home.

everything was just how she left it, extra tidy and untouched, not a piece of glass or empty beer bottle in sight. the shoe rack, on the other hand, was just around the corner, hidden by the wall that led to their bedrooms.

there was no way for her to see it, not unless she moved.

after signalling to mark that she'd be back, sunghee began to hurriedly tip toe across the room. it was only 5 or so metres, but she had to be extra quiet just in case her father was actually home. she didn't want him to scare mark off.

stealthy poking her head around the corner, the girl's eyes latched onto the rack. her many pairs of shoes filled the wired shelves, the tiny piece of furniture shoved up against the tiled wall.

now that she thought about it, the spot it was in was not exactly the smartest. it was a potential tripping hazard to anyone who would decide to take a sharp turn into the hallway, and sunghee didn't want to have to take herself or her father to the emergency room anytime.

her eyes scanned the rack for the man's shoes, not seeing and sign of them anywhere, meaning he was still out. based on his usual routine, he wouldn't be coming home at all either, maybe staying the night at a bartender's house that he charmed, or perhaps with another woman.

who even cares anymore. certainly not sunghee.

"mark, coast is clear," sunghee hollered, flipping on a nearby light-switch. it illuminated the kitchen area, shining against the stained countertops.

mark stepped through, awe displayed in his eyes as he took a once over of the main room. "it's so clean..." he mumbled, earning a chuckle from sunghee.

"i like clean." she lied, small smile grazing her lips.

she then took ahold of his wrist again, noticing that the hairs on his arm were still risen, and led him to her room. she was happy she had cleaned it that morning, or mark would've questioned her previous statement.

dropping his wrist, sunghee wandered over to her closet gently pulling the door open.

mark watched from the middle of the room while she stuck her head in the closet, searching around for an item of clothing before whipping a dark mound of fabric over her shoulder.

and it landed on his face, preventing him from seeing anything before he frantically pulled it off. "my cousin's hoodie. put it on."

the boy responded with a tiny nod, throwing it over his head and sticking his arms through the sleeves. "thanks."

sunghee nodded, flopping onto her bed. she watched mark stand awkwardly in the middle of the room through hooded eyes, examining his un-hooded face.

to say it was uncomfortable was an understatement, the boy was practically almost sweating despite the cold temperature of the room. he felt like she could see right through him and it was scary.

"stop pretending you're okay." her velvety voice cut through the tense atmosphere, taking him aback.

"w-what??" he flinched, hands fiddling with each other as he avoided eye contact. his suspicions were right, she could see right through him.

"stop pretending you're okay." she repeated, eyes narrowing in annoyance.

"dude i hear you, just- what do you mean..?"

mark took one quick glance at sunghee's face and saw her deadpan had hardened, clearly unamused with his obliviousness. she let out a withering sigh, propping her head up against the headboard and began to play with her nails.

"i see you're swollen eyes mark. not to mention how tired you-"

"okay??" he interjected, raised voice laced with defence. "i don't know what you want me to tell you!?"

"tell me what's going on. the boys have been acting strange about it all, even admitting a few times that somethings going on. hell, even chenle said you're going through stuff so can you just tell me what it is? i can help, i'm certain-"

"can you just drop it," mark mumbled, face to the wall as be attempted to hide his current emotions.

sunghee's chest was suddenly hit with a pang of guilt. she had certainly pushed too far, way too far. it was a touchy subject, she knew, but she just wanted to help him out, provide a shoulder and a helping hand like no one had done for her.

but she shouldn't of tried to push him past his comfort zone and she knew it.

the rest of the night was spent in silence.

mark slept on a futon sunghee had pulled out from one of the closets. she had lent him a clean tooth brush and that shit, but no more words had been exchanged.

they had both fallen asleep fairly easily, mark dressed in the hoodie the girl gave him and his shorts, while she stayed in her sweatpants and old t-shirt. but both parties were filled with immense guilt as their heads hit the pillows, each unsure how to apologize.

WATTBAD DELETED HALF OF THE CHAPTER SO I HAD TO REWRITE IT IM SO MAD ⁉️⁉️ I WAS SATISFIED WITH IT FOR ONCE TOO—

also was that too dramatic🧍‍♀️🤸‍♀️