Chapter 3

Chapter 4: "A Time for Discoveries"

(Crying Over) Spilt Potions

by Azhure

~~oo0oo~~

Chapter 3 - A Time for Discoveries

The second to last day of October dawned with the sun struggling to rise above the clouds. The chill wind picked up as it wafted down from the highlands and across the lake. It was perfect weather for the first Quidditch match of the season. Gryffindor versus Slytherin. Seeker versus Seeker. Harry versus Draco. Lover versus lover. This would be their first match against each other since they began their clandestine relationship a little over six months earlier. This was also their last match against each other whilst at school. The air of anticipation surrounding this match had been building throughout the school since Madame Hooch announced the Quidditch schedule back in September.

As most of the school, and the Quidditch team members, had made their way to the Great Hall for lunch, two very important players were missing. Nobody had seen either of the Quidditch captains since the previous evening; neither showing up for breakfast either. Speculation ranged from ideas as simple as sleeping in, right through to the possibility that one had likely killed the other. Some brave souls suggested other ludicrous ideas. If only they had known just how close to the truth they were.

This game had been built up as the ultimate Quidditch battle. The animosity that was evident between Potter and Malfoy had reached fever pitch and the student body realised this was their last opportunity to see the rivals battle it out on the Quidditch pitch. In a move aimed to psychologically sway the balance of the game, a number of Slytherins suggested that Draco had perhaps hexed Potter, and the Gryffindors would have to forfeit the game. Likewise, the Gryffindors made their own suggestions in regard to Draco's no show at the breakfast table. Unfortunately for the Slytherins, the Gryffindors had some evidence to back their claims.

A couple of days earlier, the Slytherin seeker had been caught in a rather embarrassing situation in the lavatory, 'puking his guts out' as the second year so eloquently put it. Draco's delicate stomach had been the cause of no little concern to the Slytherin team, but the Captain assured his fellow players that he would be fine for the game.

Naturally, the Gryffindors assumed that Malfoy was actually terrified of losing the snitch - again. After all, this was his last opportunity to beat Gryffindor, and more importantly, Potter.

Had anyone actually bothered to get up and look for either of the Quidditch captains, then they would have been totally stunned when they discovered that they were indeed together, but not in any way that the general population of the school had expected.

~~oo0oo~~

Harry had been waiting in their secret room in the dungeons for what felt like ages. Skipping out early on match day had not been difficult; everyone in Gryffindor knew their seeker needed time to focus on the match, particularly since this was likely to be the most important match for the year. A frown marred his freshly shaven face. Draco was supposed to be there before him, but he was nowhere to be found, and Harry knew his lover didn't have the invisibility cloak. Finally he turned, wand in hand, as he heard the mirror opening and he saw his dishevelled lover enter the room, his face weary and pained.

Grabbing Draco as he stumbled across the entrance, Harry held him and brought his mouth to his own, kissing him longingly. Draco kissed back languidly, but pulled back just as Harry was starting to deepen the kiss. He didn't pull away from the embrace, just nuzzled his head against Harry's.