One

Aubrey Hart

Sunshine.

It shines through the tinted back window of my car, a beam of sunlight hitting the deeply tanned and sporadically freckled skin of my face after one too many days of sitting out at the pool with Jade.

The streak of light warms the lit-up line across my face as my body is laid in the back seat of my car, my fingers tangled in Harry's hair as the vehicle remains stationary in the very back of the parking lot of Albert's Red Apple, a grocery store in town.

Concrete. That's the name of the city we have to make a twenty-minute drive to for any sort of necessary shopping outside of gas and gas station snacks. It's a relatively tree-filled area, just not as surrounded by greenery as our house. It's still quiet out here in comparison to the hundreds of people around at all times and the buzz of the city that Harry and I became accustomed to in LA.

Today, the goal is to finish up any sort of last-minute shopping for our upcoming trip to Hawaii for Lani's birthday. We leave in less than a week, but we are still in need of the essentials; beach towels, sunscreen with higher SPF for Ruby's pale complexion, snacks for the drive to the airport, and a card for Lani to accompany her gift.

We make this trip every year to visit some of Lani's extended family on the more secluded island of Lanai. It's always been simply Elora and I that have gone with our moms along with some family on my mom's side. This year, though, both Harry and Ruby are coming along with us. My family is dying to meet my fiancé, and Harry refuses to let Ruby out of his sight for obvious reasons. Niall is staying with Zayn, Jade, and Louis while we're gone, but is very invested in helping us pack and plan. He still practically lives with us since coming here in April. I don't see him ever leaving. It's now late July, and he's still here.

This trip is our last bit of a break before I go back to working like I always have. Forbidden Connection has been doing very well, leaving Harry and I very well-off on our break from work and making us feel much better about taking time to ourselves.

Still, it's time to go back to reality.

I'm starring in a romantic film called Bloom being filmed in Seattle along with the mountains nearby, about two hours from home. The title gives away the scenery of the majority of the movie, many different plants and flower field visits being in my near future, just unfortunately not always with Harry.

My costar who I'm set to meet at the first table read along with an individual chemistry read the day after coming home from Hawaii is named Scarlett Davis. The two of us are set to act out a very cheesy and basic romantic plot, but one that is sadly a bit harder to find when it comes to a relationship between two women. My character works at a flower shop and hers just so happens to have a love for flowers that stems from gifting them to a sick family member weekly.

The film has a tragically heartbreaking ending, but I'm a sucker for those, really.

I'm very excited to start filming it, and after giving Harry the full disclosure of the plot and what we'd be acting out, he became okay with it as well. He doesn't exactly love the idea of me pretending to fall in love with someone in the same way we once did close to a year ago, but he knows that acting and truly falling in love are completely different things. The lines won't cross, and I'm completely devoted to him. I always will be.

While the past two months have been full of auditions and meetings with managers and publicists on my end, Harry has been taking a different route after being constantly pushed by me to do what we both knew he wanted to do. The firing of his manager while I was in Ian and Thomas's captivity pushed the decision along a bit, making it harder for him to simply dive back into acting the second he felt ready.