Three

Aubrey Hart

We made it to Hawaii last night after a very long and surprisingly tiring day, crashing in bed the second we got the chance to before even taking a glance at the private section of the beach we'll become accustomed to right outside.

Yesterday started with a rushed shower, quick washing and drying of the towels nobody got to yesterday, and quadruple-check of everyone's bags. I had to help Niall decide on a few of his clothing options as well since he's a new addition to this trip, picking between a plethora of tacky Hawaiian button-ups he has in what has become his closet and laughing at the vast number of options. After that, I had to call my moms and let them know that he was coming, which they were thrilled to hear, of course. Following those events was a sad goodbye to Charlie who will be watched by Jade while we're away, his parting from Harry hitting him harder than anyone else which offended Elora. I've gotten used to the favoritism, but she hasn't.

Babies and animals tend to love him more than the average person, and it honestly makes perfect sense given the fact that he grew up nurturing a child as a child himself. There's just something about him that draws people and animals in that possess that sort of young innocence his way whether he likes it or not.

I can tell he loves it, though. He's started to withhold it a little less, but the hiddenness of his emotions toward the attention is still noticeable. Charlie loves him, Flora loves him, any child I've ever seen him with loves him, and so on. He's an incredibly loveable person, especially when a hard shell of an arrogant front isn't around the warm mushy center that is the real Harry Styles.

Once we said goodbye to Charlie along with Jade, Zayn, and Louis, promising to call every so often with updates, we headed to the airport. A long ten hours of travel accompanied by sleep, Harry's anxious braiding of my hair, conversation, and the devoration of the food provided to us later, and we landed on the island of Lanai. My moms excitedly said hello to us once we retrieved our bags and exited with our guards, driving us to the Airbnb we'll be staying in for the trip. We forced ourselves to unpack to end the day with every inconvenient activity already done, then finally crashed after having enough.

Needless to say, after the eventful day, I slept like a baby in the king-sized bed in the master bedroom of this nice beach house that's almost as comfortable as our own.

I lay on this unfamiliar mattress beside Harry, feeling his chin on my shoulder as his body entangles with my own from behind me. His arms looped around my abdomen with his hands holding my sides, calm puffs of breath leaving his mouth to hit the skin of my ear.

My eyes remain closed, sunlight shining straight through the white mesh curtains that close over the large window in front of our bed accompanied by a window seat. I can see the rays through my eyelids, attempting to tuck my face into the fluffy white comforter covering us but still being able to see it.

Harry can tell that I'm awake by my movements, squeezing my body tighter against his and making me sigh as I start to actually wake up. I turn myself around in his hold and feel his routine kiss to my lips, smiling into it before he pulls back and lets me take a minute to really wake up.

I stretch while he's still holding onto me with his hands on the small of my back, squinting my eyes open once I've done so and seeing his puffy face from sleep. He's not used to this level of sunlight shining on him first thing in the morning, squinting like I am as both of our previously migraine-impaired eyes are trying to adjust to the change. Our room at home has nice thick curtains and a relatively darker tone than this one, so it's something we'll have to get used to.

"Hi." I greet him like I always do to let him know that I'm really up, not just going through the motions of being awake and even talking while still asleep like I tend to do a lot of the time, apparently.