Chapter Thirty Two-"You're still a queen in my eyes"

~Dedicated to that special Prom night~

**Song to the right is the theme song for the chapter/prom**

Chapter Thirty-Two

It was the day of Prom and since most seniors would have appointments for hair salons and makeup, Mrs Bright, Redwood’s headmistress gave all seniors the day off which was actually quite generous for her, considering the fact that she wouldn’t even allow us to decorate our lockers any way we’d want to. Not that I’m complaining, my locker was far too messy and overflowing with books to have a sense of style.

For the first time since I had gotten my driver’s license, mum was finally loaning me the car. Although she had let me drive our beat up heap on four wheels whenever she needed me to pick up that bottle of milk or loaf of bread because we had subsequently run out of Chinese takeout, it was still a rare occasion that I had been given the car just to go and get pampered for Prom. And to tell you the truth, I was beyond excited.

Well I was until five minutes ago.

“Amanda,” I greeted in confusion to the brunette girl who stood on my doorway.

“Hi Vivienne,” Amanda easily beamed with a smile which looked slightly nervous, “uh…can I come in?”

I stepped out of the house as I replied as politely as I could, “I’d love to let you in Amanda,” I shut the front door before locking it behind me, “but I kind of have to get ready for Prom and it’s only a matter of time before Mum wants the car back to check on the wedding-”

“It’s about Prom actually,” Amanda cut in before she walked in step with me to our beat up scrap of metal.

“It is,” I asked, my eyes narrowing slightly from incomprehension.

“You see,” Amanda breathed, before she fidgeted with her fingers, “I was uhm asked to go…”

“By who,” I questioned.

Who would ask Amanda to Prom besides from Sean? And he had already asked me to go, plus phoned ahead to make sure that he bought a matching corsage to my dress so there was no way that Sean had asked Amanda to Prom. And the only other people Amanda really knew from Redwood were Chris and Dave. Juliet had confirmed that Chris indeed had asked her to Prom and after the whole thing with his mother, I didn’t think that Dave would have actually come to Prom.

“It’s well…” Amanda hesitated, “uhm…I don’t know how to say it without hurting your feelings.”

I frowned before replying, “You won’t.”

“It’s Dave,” she finally answered softly.

My eyes popped out of their skull and I stared at Amanda in disbelief. Dave as in Dave Peterson, the guy I had dated only to be dumped because he was in love with the old Vivienne, Dave? My mouth dried and I stared, unblinking at Amanda as she watched me, her eyes wide with concern and nervousness. I would have laughed at the irony of the situation. Amanda was the confident and beautiful one in this ‘sisterly relationship’ and yet she was the one looking flustered. But I couldn’t laugh.

I could only stand there, gaping at Amanda unable to say anything. It would have been a lie to say that I didn’t feel at least slightly hurt. After all, Amanda was my sister, half or not and the fact that Dave was my ex-boyfriend and knew about Amanda made me feel sick. But it wasn’t a feeling of jealousy. I mean, I didn’t even have feelings for Dave anymore, heck I was sure that every time I even thought or heard Sean’s name my tummy did a funny tumble around, but it was the feeling of hurt from Amanda that made me feel sick.