Chapter Thirteen-"We shouldn't kiss"

~Dedicated to sneaky kisses~

Chapter Thirteen

Have you ever been through that awkward moment where you know no matter how much you prayed and wished for something to be taken back, but it wouldn’t happen? I was going through that at this very moment, all because I had kissed Sean in the ‘sick room’ while were locked in. To be honest, I didn’t regret the kiss at all, in fact if I could I would have kissed him all night long and even now in the morning, but the fact that everyone else was still in the cabin and not to mention the fact that Dave was here too, made my stomach churn with guilt.

It wasn’t supposed to be like this. In movies popular girls never had these problems, no they just smiled and with the click of their fingers everything would be cheery and people would go back to loving them, but here I was. Still geeky and nervous as ever, kissing boys behind my kind boyfriend’s back and worst of all, actually enjoying the kiss more than I could ever imagine. I Vivienne Lanter, had just made a right mess out of my life, and the only thought swimming in my mind was that Dave could never find out about this.

"Lanter," a deep voice called out, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I licked my lips nervously, glancing down at Sean who had just woken. My lips found themselves quirking into a small smile, despite the guilt which was washing over me like giant waves, swallowing me whole. Swallowing a lump in my throat, I managed to force away the horrible shame which consumed me and smiled down at Sean as he began to sit up, taking in the room slowly as though he thought we would have been out by now.

"Morning," I greeted, my voice slightly shaky.

Sean turned to me, hazel eyes still sleepy yet they were bright and shining from the sun’s rays in a golden honey tone, "Morning."

"We uh…" I began then stopped, turning red slightly, "No one opened the door yet," I finally said.

He nodded, then yawned, "What time is it?"

I shrugged, "I’m not sure."

Turning to me, Sean caught my look then smiled softly, "About last night Lanter," he started, "we were both drunk and you know…" he sighed, "not ourselves."

I nodded, wanting to believe every word he spoke.

"And besides, no one exactly knew we were here," he continued, "so," he glanced at me again, "no one has to know about what happened."

I nodded, not trusting my voice.

Sean opened his mouth again, "But you know-"

He was cut off when the door opened suddenly revealing Chris who looked as tired as I felt, his eyes red rimmed and his usual cheerful smile pressed into a half-grin. For a moment, it was as though shock had taken over his features, before he regained his composure and grinned at both Sean and I, somehow sending Sean a knowing look that I caught.

"There you two are," he greeted, "everyone thought that you took off to the lake."

"At this time," Sean asked with another yawn.

Chris shrugged, "Either way, everyone’s already headed down there."

Sean turned to me, and with a grin he asked, "How about one last swim before we leave?"

"Mum," I yelled, "I’m home!"

"In the lounge honey," I heard my mother call out.

With a sigh, I dumped my heavy bags at my feet in the hallway, before walking towards the lounge, spotting my mother sitting cross-legged on the floor with Holly. Forgetting about my problems with the whole Sean and Dave thing for a moment, I grinned down at Holly as she stood up and beamed at me widely. Her dark hair was braided with a long pink ribbon and she wore a simple summer dress that came down to her ankles.