chapter 6

Dinner with the captain
________
It was 4:54 when puffy picked us up in her maroon automobile, it looked new, not a dent or speck of dirt on its golden rims.
The captain got out of her mobile and had walked over to mother and me, i can see why momma likes her, shes very pretty. Her hair was a golden brown in the autumn sunset, a few white hairs curled in with the with the rest of her hair, she held a very polite smile and shimmering Emerald eyes. Unlike mother, who wore a white dress shirt, sleeves rolled up past her elbow and tan overalls, puffy wore a cinnamon colored suit that also looked new.
-
I looked out the window from the back of the automobile, i watched as blurs of store lights and street lamps glowed in the night fall it was, i could hear momma and puffy talk, though there voices sounded like they were talking in another room.
My mind thought back to last night, how everything was so bright, so different.
-

Should i go back again?
Would phil and fundy be worried if i didn't?

-
"Y/n!"
I was snapped out of my thoughts with my mothers shout, i looked over to see her and puffy looking at me worryingly

"You okay honey?" Momma asked she softly laid her hand on my leg .

"Yeah sorry momma, just kinda spaced out." I chuckled out

"Well were here now, would you like a drink when we get inside?" Puffy asked me with a smile
"Yes please"
-
Puffy's places was surprisingly small not too small but small enough to feel like home. Her house was connected to many store's that went along the street and next to the dock that held many boats big and small.

Even though her house was small it was beautiful on the inside, many pictures of ships hung on the wall along with pictures of her and many other people. She had a table in the first room into the house with a knitted matt that looked like a flower, and a bookshelf with bottled ships and seashells that was push back behind the stairs. In front of the stairs looked to be two doors.
Her kitchen must be upstairs then

I saw puffy talking to momma as they walked inside, Momma blushing and puffy giggling before shutting the door behind her.
"Well," she said taking of her coat and hanging it on a coat rack
"Welcome to my humble abode, you can take a seat if you want y/n. your mothers going to help me with dinner. Your welcome to any of my books"
I nodded and thanked her before sitting down. momma and puffy went up the stairs that creaked with every step. I looked out of the oversized window that was in front of her house next to the door. Many people walked past all seemed to be smiling on this night.
-
"Here you go y/n." Puffy said placing a orange soda pop on the table behind me. She looked at me with a smile

"Thank you." I said returning the gesture and opened the glass bottle taking a sip.
"I hope you don't mind y/n.." Puffy started
"I invited my son over to dinner as well" she said, her smile now a bit nervousness to it.
I almost choked on the soda.

"Your mom told me about your anxiety, and im sorry, I've most likey put you in a uncomfortable spot, but i think you will like him, he's coming home from Egypt and i thought you would like to hear about how it went. Since your mom told me you like read about adventures."

I sat quite for a moment, not really knowing what to say.

"What's his n-name?"

"His name is foolish" she stated simply, what a strange name

"Do you know what time he's coming?"

"He said he'll be around 5:30, due to him being so far and due to train schedule."

I took a deep breath and softly let it out.

"I can't wait to meet him" i said with a smile
-

Puffy went back upstairs to start dinner with momma, i could hear their laughs echo the hallway. I sat and continued to look out the window, the streets were empty now, stores started to close as their lights were no longer brightening the darkness. My mind went back to the door, deciding if i should go or not.

I saw a blur figure walk past the window and then soft knocking

"Y/n! Could you get that please!" Puffy yelled down the stairs before a loud crash of metal was heard.
"Dammit! Puffy im so sorry!" I heard my mom, her voice shaky, like she was going to cry.

"Hey, hey its okay-" puffy's voices faded as she walked away from the stairs

I wanted to check on momma but i didn't want to leave who ever us at the door waiting

Getting up from the smooth table i walked over to the door, when open, there stood a tall stranger, not too tall but still taller than me.
His hair almost like puffy but darker and much shorter, and his eyes shined the same emerald green as puffys.

"Are you foolish?" I questioned my voice being nothing but a whisper.

"Yes, you must be y/n." He smiled.
Definitely puffys child.

I nod, and stood out of the way so he could get threw and as soon as he did i heard foot steps rushing down the stairs
"Dinner!" Puffys voices rang out.
"Be careful puffy! The pot still hot!" Your mom said rushing after her