that's a promise

The pair were woken up by the break room door opening with a creak, "sorry to wake you guys but we need to have a chat" hailey smiled as herself and jay pulled up a chair to sit on them backwards.  The teenagers sat up and nodded, "okay" Cassie smiled and helped jake sit up since they were both exhausted still.  Jay nodded, "we have good news, you're still gonna live with your mom. Your dad'll be facing another thing but you guys don't need to worry about the details, all you need to know is that he's gonna be going away for sometime and you guys will be entitled to regular visits" he smiled.  Jake nodded and smiled weakly whereas Cassie just nodded, not really too thrilled that she'd still be stuck with her mother.

Hailey nodded, "your moms gonna take you both home in a few minutes but we want you both to know that if there's ever a problem then we'll always be here at the station if you need us. Take our cards and call us if you ever get stuck okay?" She smiled as the detectives passed them both two business cards each. The teenagers happily accepted them and smiled, "thank you" both of them nodded. Jay and hailey smiled before standing up and leading them to the door but jay noticed the worry on Cassies face so he stopped her before she could catch up to Jake who was following hailey out of the bullpen, "hey look at me, I'm always gonna be here if you need me okay? that's a promise" he crouched down. Cassie nodded weakly, "but my mom hates me" she shrugged. Jay shook his head, "she doesn't hate you cass, I think she just had a lot of things going through her mind. Just remember what hailey said yeah? Give us a call if you need us, wether the problems big or small, we'll answer you" he smiled. Cassie nodded weakly as he stood back up and lead her down the stairs to go meet her mom and Jake again.

               Katy had red eyes, probably from crying when she found out the truth about her husbands job, "let's get you home" he pulled both of her kids close to her.  Hank nodded, "a patrol car'll take you all home, stay safe okay?" He pointed to the nearby officers.  Katy nodded, "thank you..." she spoke unsurely then lead her kids out of the station.  Jay and hailey sighed, "how long we betting before she gets herself or her kids in trouble?" Jay huffed.  Hank shrugged, "hopefully a long time, never would be better" he shook his head then lead his detectives upstairs so they could finish the case.  If only they all knew it would only get worse from here on for them all...

*my next chapters will be longer dw :)*