gone?

*two months later*

Everything was kind of normal, a bit bitter, but fairly normal. Jake, Katy and Cassie had moved into a smaller and more homely house now it was just them three and they were all starting to form a new kind of relationship, a more fair and loving one, but Cassie could never forgive her for the way she treated her in the past, ever.  Cassie and jake walked home after school now that they were in the same school, and barged through the front door, "careful!" Their mom yelled out through the house at them.  They rolled their eyes and set their bags down by the door before flopping down on the couch.

                   Things were getting better, or so they thought, the twins had somehow been scouted by a modelling agency since they were pretty beautiful teenagers and they were happy about it.  They had done may shoots and videos for many fashion brands and they were in many catalogues and magazines for fashion, they were succeeding in life already.  Katy sighed and walked into the room, "I know what happened" she scoffed but mainly at cassie.  The kids looked back in confusion, "when?" Jake shrugged.  Katy folded her arms, "I know how your dad ended up in jail, so Cassie, care to explain why you worked with the cops to jam him up?" She growled angrily.  Cassie looked at jake as he gave her a confused glare, "huh... me?" She stuttered.

Katy laughed, "forget it, I want you out of this house. Now!" she snapped. Jake shook his head, "woah mom, hold on you can't just kick her out..." he started but she cut him off. Katy scoffed, "I can and I just have, Cassie get out" she yelled. The teenagers jumped at her anger, "mom..." Cassie begged. Katy stepped away from her, "you have three seconds to grab your jacket and get out or I'll physically kick you out myself" she pointed to the door. Cassie didn't even have time to get her phone or anything, she just grabbed her jacket and ran out of the house with painful tears strolling down her face. Jake bolted to the window and watched his twin run down the street with no where to go and no place to call home anymore.

                  He turned around and gave his mother a disgusted look, "mom what did you do?" He practically cried, Katy stayed quiet, "mom anything could happen to her..." he added but Katy cut him off, "shut up, just shush okay? What's done is done. Give me your phone and go upstairs, you're grounded" she snapped.  Jake put his hands out, "what?! Why mom? What did I do?" He scoffed.  Katy laughed in shock, "if she ratted your dad out how can I trust that you didn't help her too?" She snatched his phone out of his hands.  Jake shook his head, "I didn't mom. Cassie maybe did but so what? What right does it give you to kick her out? She's gonna be scared and all alone on the streets!" He yelled.  Katy scoffed, "scrap your mid term break, you're locked in your room until Sunday. Go!" She yelled.

Jake shook his head, "I cannot believe you" he snapped and looked her up and down as he ran up the stairs and into his room. It want long before he heard a key rattling around in his door, "you've got to be kidding me? Mom what the hell?!" He banged on his door. He turned around and looked at his bare room, he's going to be stuck in here for 5 days, all alone and worrying about his sister who was probably already running around the streets of chicago already. He sat on his bed and rubbed his face, he couldn't stop thinking about the possible outcomes of this, one his sister could die, two she could go missing, three he might never see her again and four their mom might kicks him out too. He didn't really care if she ratted him out or not, he just wants Cassie back so he can give her the worlds biggest hug.

*5 days later*

                    Jake heard the key jangling around in his bedroom door after 5 gruelling days of being locked in his room, the only contact he had with anyone was when his mother unlocked his door to pass him food and drink every few hours or so.  He jumped off the bed, "your times up, go on get out" she edged him out of the door.  He immediately ran downstairs, "I have to go to work but your phones staying with me for now, entertain yourself how you like and I'll see you later" she grabbed her jacket and left.  The first thing he done was stand at the window and wait until she had left, once he saw her car drive away he ran over to cassies school bag in hopes that her phone would still be in there.

                     He ripped her bag open and tossed the contents out onto the floor until her phone fell out onto the pile of books he had created, "yes..." he smiled to himself and picked it up.  He got up and sat in the window as he tried to get into her phone, "uhhhm" he tried to guess her password.  He eventually cracked the code after a few minutes and opened up her phone app, he scanned the contacts before stopping at jay halsteads contact, he remembered what the detectives said to him two months ago, 'call me if you need anything' his words replayed in his mind. He nodded before calling his number in hopes that he'd pick up.
Jay: "Cassie, everything okay?"
Jake: "it's not Cassie, it's Jake. I need your help..."
Jay: "help? Jake what's going on?"
Jake: "my mom found out, s-said that she had to get out and now she's gone..."
Jay: "Jake calm down I can't understand you, take a few deep breaths and tell me exactly what's going on"
Jake: "sorry, okay yeah..."
Jake: "okay, my mom found out that Cassie worked with you guys to ray my dad out, my mom was hella pissed so she kicked Cassie out. Jay cassies gone..."
Jay: "she kicked Cassie out of the house?"
Jake: "yeah, she's really gone..."
Jay: "how long ago was this?"
Jake: "5 days ago... my mom locked me in my room so I couldn't even tell you sooner. What if she's hurt?"
Jay: "alright, Jake listen to me okay? I'm gonna drive to your house and we're gonna take it from there yeah?"
Jake: "yeah, my mom just left for work. What if she's hurt or in trouble?"
Jay: "we're gonna find her bud, keep thinking positive for me Jake. I'll be there in 5 minutes okay?"
Jake: "yeah... okay"

~~~~~~~~~

Jay set the phone down and ran into the break room to find hailey, "we gotta go hails, cassies gone" he huffed. Hailey turned around and widened her eyes, "gone?" She followed him out. Jay nodded, "her mom found out about Cassie helping us jam her dad up, so she kicked her out 5 days ago and she's pretty much missing. Jakes been locked up in his room ever since it happened" he ran down the bullpen stairs with her as they put their jackets on. Hailey sighed, "god... right okay, got it" she nodded as the pair hopped in his truck and sped off to go find Jake at his home.