Mythological Names

A:

Abonsam: From the African pantheon, the God/spirit of accidents and disease.

Achaman: The Father God and creator in African mythology.

Acheri: The spirit of a little girl who was either murdered or abused and left to die from the mythology of India. They are often depicted with dark or unnatural eyes and can also be referred to as "hill fairies". It is said to bring death to the elderly or other people with low immune system defenses.

Achlys: Of the Greek pantheon, the Goddess of misery and sadness.

Acis: From Roman mythology, the God of the Acis River in Sicily.

Adad: From Sumerian mythology, the God of weather.

Aegir: Of the Norse pantheon, the God of the ocean.

Aether (Æther): From Greek Mythology, the personification of the upper sky. Also means "light".

Aeden: From Celtic Mythology, the name of the sun god. Also means "fiery".

Agni: From the Hindu pantheon, the God of fire and the acceptor of sacrifices.

Alastor: The Greek God of family feuds.

Alectrona: Of Greek mythology, the early greek Goddess of the sun.

Alux: A type of sprite from the tradition of certain Mayan peoples, said to be small and dressed to resemble miniature Mayan people. They are generally associated with natural features such as forests, caves, stones, and fields.

Alp: A supernatural being of German folklore, similar to an incubus (Not to be confused with Alp-Luachra from Celtic myths).

Apollo: From Greek myth, God of the sun, music, healing, and herding. The twin brother to Artemis.

Aphrodite: The Greek Goddess of love and beauty.

Aigamuxa: Human-like mythical creatures that have eyes on their feet from African mythology.

Anubis: From the Egyptian pantheon, the God of the dead and ruler of the underworld.

Anuket: The Goddess of the Nile River in Egyptian mythology.

Anthousai: A type of Okeanid (Titan daughter) that is related to flowers from Greek mythology.

Aradia: The Italian Goddess of Witches.

Aries: From Latin, meaning "ram". This also relates to the zodiac sign Aries, which is represented by the ram.

Ares: From Greek Mythology, relating to the God of war. It also means "ruin" and "bane".

Artio: Of the Celtic pantheon, the Goddess of the Wild.

Artemis: Of the Greek pantheon, the Goddess of the moon, hunting, and nursing. The twin sister of Apollo.

Atlas: The Primordial Titan in Greek myths, who carried the weight of the heavens and earth on his back.

Attis: From Greek mythology, the minor God of rebirth.

Aten: The Creator God and Aspect of Ra in Egyptian mythology.

Até: Of Greek mythology, the Goddess of Mischief.

Attar: From Canaanite mythology, the God of the morning star.

Athena: From Greek mythology, relating to the Greek Goddess of wisdom and warcraft. Can also be related to the city of Athens, in Greece.

Aysyt: The Siberian Mother Goddess.

B:

Badb: From Celtic mythology, referring to the Goddess of Crows.

Bast: From the Egyptian pantheon, the cat-headed Goddess of fertility and cat-fights. Also is the daughter of Ra.

Basilisk: A giant mythical reptile with a lethal gaze or breath, hatched by a serpent from a chicken's egg. Believed to be of either Greek or Egyptian origin.

Benu Bird: From Egyptian mythology, the prosperity-bestowing sun bird of the Nile.

Branwen: From Celtic mythology, relating to the Goddess of Regeneration, and the Welsh love Goddess.

Bia: Of Greek mythology, the Goddess of Force.

Brizo: A prophet Goddess and protector of sailors and fishermen in Greek mythology.

Boreas: Unisex name of Greek mythology, relating to the North Wind.

Bonnacon (or Bonasus): A bull-like beast from Asian mythology, that has a horse's mane and horns that are curved inward. It protects itself by discharging foul fumes and a long trail of dung. The shit is so hot that it sets fire to and burns anything it comes in contact with. 

Buto: From Egyptian mythology, relating to the Cobra Goddess.

Bunyip: A water creature from Aboriginal myth, said to have a huge mouth and crocodile tail.

C:

Calypso: Of Greek mythology, the sea nymph that Odyseuss prisoner for seven years. 

Caladrius: A snow-white bird from Roman mythology that will refuse to look at anyone who is ill and dying. It is also said to be able to cure a sick individual by taking their illness onto itself. It then flies away dispersing the sickness, purging and curing itself in the process.

Celaeno: One of the wives of Poseidon in Greek mythology.

Ceto (or Keto): The sea monster Goddess in Greek mythology who was also the mother of other sea monsters.

Circe (or Kirce): A Greek Goddess who would turn her enemies into beasts.

Cyclopes: A tall one-eyed monster originating from Greek mythology. 

(A.N.~ This is still a work in progress! Please be patient while I continue to update!)