100k Special Part 4

"My brother is the best. He never had refused anything I ask for. He gave me food when he's hungry and offered most of the blanket that we shared with me. He's the best cook that I have ever known and is the gentlest person ever. Brother had trouble saying no to children and as hard his words are, his actions always say something else. He helped me so many times that I couldn't remember where I didn't cry on his shoulder. I sometimes wonder what would happen if he hadn't gotten sick. Would we still be with each other and eat at the same table. Sharing each other food and repeating the same nights over and over. Me offering herbal tea to my brother so that he can sleep and him just refusing to drink the tea."

Aether and Paimon could only listen to Koumei rambling as they walked. Not finding a moment to interrupt the male to ask a question. Even then, Aether is not sure to ask a question. Koumei is revealing too already. And in the midst of his talking, Koumei gasped. "I'm rambling, aren't I?" Koumei asked. A faint blush appearing on his cheeks.

Aether and Paimon chuckled, "It's fine!" Paimon said. Flying in front of Koumei, "Paimon and Aether are used to it! Also, we're curious!" she said.

Aether nodded, "Can we ask a question about your brother?" he asked. And Koumei nodded in agreement. "What happened to your brother. You said that he got sick but what kind of sickness is it?" Koumei stopped in his tracks. The other two also stopping. Looking back at Koumei whose face had turned sour. The aura emitting from the male turned sullen. The smile that used to be on his face is now gone and was replaced by a deep frown. His brows furrowed and all scrunched up.

"My... I don't know." Aether could see how Koumei's lips trembled and his voice shaking. Koumei's shoulders rising up and down, trying to contain his sobs that wished to be let out. But Koumei doesn't want to cry. He's been crying so much these days that he thinks he's crying blood. Wiping the tears that started to gather at the corner of his eyes, "I'm sorry but I'm not quite comfortable speaking about my brother's sickness. He's not used to people speaking about his sickness, that's all," said Koumei. Catching up to Aether and forcing a smile out of him.

Aether and Paimon stared at Koumei, their pitiful expression directing towards Koumei. "Paimon hopes that your brother will get better then! When he does, let's go eat that blood soup that you keep talking about!" Paimon said. Patting Koumei on the head.

"I thought you won't try it cause it sounds disgusting?" Aether said jokingly, grabbing a hold of one of Koumei's hands.

"Hey! Paimon will eat whatever as long it's tasty!" The two males chuckled. The three of them continued on with their chatter. Talking about miscellaneous things. Soon the topic of 'family' came up once again. But this time, Aether was doing the talking. 

" --- We have traveled all sorts of land and we experienced many things. Old family traditions, festivals, and even concerts. And this is the first time we've ever been separated. Even going to the bathroom, we would wait for the other to finish. I sometimes wondered if she had eaten the same food that I ate in Mondstadt and in Liyue. Or if we ever walked the same paths since we got separated." Koumei stared at Aether. He could feel the same sorrow. But Koumei could also feel that Aether was hesitant. What should he be hesitant about? 

Does he not love his sister?

"Why are you hesitant about it?" Koumei asked, not helping the overgrowing curiosity that's bubbling up inside him.

Aether glanced at Koumei briefly before he scoffed, "We met not too long ago. Only a short meeting that's all. She changed. A lot. A lot more than I expected. I thought our time since we got separated was not that long ago but it seems that it was long enough for her to change." Paimon flew closer to Aether. Patting his head. "She told me that we will meet again but I don't know when. Days, weeks, months, years. Who knows? But I guess I'm reluctant on how to approach her. Or if I could see her in the same light again," Aether finished.

Koumei wanted to applaud Aether. Knowing how painful it was for the blonde male to talk about his short meeting with his sister by his tone, yet he refused to cry.

Koumei wished that he was that brave.