100k Special Final Part

Koumei had just got back from his trip to the Pyro Regisvine and he was done with his chat with Aether not long after they parted. The words that came out from Aether's mouth still plagued his mind. It was pitiful, Koumei can admit. But there was something in Aether's words that Koumei can't understand.

Does Koumei feel the same way? It's been more than centuries since his brother has been like this. Will Kojutsu even act the same way again? He has resurrected many people before, but after his brother's death, Koumei can't even bring a plant back to full health. Not to mention, the world has changed too much. Can Kojutsu even adjust to it? The era of the gods is no more and the Cryo Archon is rebelling against Celestia. Mondstadt has a new god and Liyue believes that Morax is no more. Finally taking in how much Teyvat has changed, Koumei pondered on how he was able to adapt to it.

Sighing, Koumei went to his lab. Where his brother is located. Removing the almost dead Everflame Seed under the casket that he put his brother in, Koumei replaced it with the new one. Putting the extra on somewhere safe and somewhere that it won't die out. Dragging his feet beside the casket, "What am I even doing?" Koumei whispered under his breath. Tears streaming out of his eyes like an overflowing river.

Pressing his forehead against the glass that separated him from his brother. His salty tears splattering against the glass. His sobs echoing in the room. Koumei wanted to break the casket apart and just bury his brother somewhere he can't find. In fact, Koumei wanted to burn his brother's body. Just looking at him fills his body with guilt and grief. This isn't how he supposed to be. In the past, Koumei laughed even in a serious situation. Saying that not all things should be taken so seriously. Taking this personality so his brother can be happy. But what now? His brother is dead. He knows this. Yet, he's trying to resurrect him? What kind of idiot would resurrect a ghoul?

One of the more complex beings in Teyvat. Beings who live long enough to see what would happen to humanity in more than millenniums to the future but they aren't immortal. Whether dying by starvation or killed enough so that they can't regenerate. One of the more odd things is due to old age. Not many know how long ghouls can live. Not even Koumei himself. Now that he's a god, he's sure that he can live longer now. Undoubtedly, Koumei is now immortal.

Sometimes Koumei wondered, what will happen if the two of them died at that time? Can they perhaps reincarnate into somewhere more peaceful? A time where they won't be hunted cause of the resources in their body or a time where they can just be children and play all day long?

Koumei bit back his sobs. Not wanting to cry anymore and just finish what he started. "I'm so sorry for being stubborn, brother. I hope you won't get mad at me after I'm done with this. So, please... stay by my side a little bit more, okay?"