55 | Legacy

WattpadAsianFantasy has added TSE into their Featured Stories! 

.·。.·゜·༺♥༻ ·゜·。.

CAL LEROY SR.

"I'll take any words of yours, no matter how strange or bizarre. Because I believe you. I always will."

"You are very brave, and honest."

Cal tossed and turned in his bed as his wife's comforting words continued to ring in his ears. Reaching around him, he grabbed onto a cushion and pulled it against his chest. His eyes fluttered open, feeling the coldness of a pillow instead of Gigi's comforting warmth. But of course, she wouldn't be here; he was far away in Archambault at Philippe's family's estate. As planned, he intended to go forward with his plans for Seol-il while she remained with their son at home.

It had been two weeks since their brief honeymoon and the night she offered to wake with him to prevent the nightmares from occurring. Although it was still happening once or twice, the way he'd always go to bed feeling safe and at ease had lessened the effect they had on him. But above all, knowing Gigi was willing to stand by his truth had given him the utmost strength. For the first time in his life, he felt optimistic that the day where he would no longer be tormented by his past might not be so far away.

The clock rang, marking half-past two in the morning; around the time he would wake from his nightmares. Gigi was always there, whispering words of reassurance into his ears. Her warmth surrounding him like a cocoon.

He hadn't any nightmares tonight but feeling deprived of her presence.

Picking up the phone, he ran his fingers over the buttons, contemplating the idea of giving her a call. After all, it wasn't just Junior who needed calls for support, right?

After spending a good five minutes debating with himself, he let the telephone slip out of his hand. His wife might be resting right now, and the last thing he wanted was to be a clingy, needy husband. But a moment after it was back on the desk, the telephone was ringing off the hook; he snapped it back up.

"Sire...?" she whispered at the other end of the line. "Are you doing alright?"

"Darling, do you have a twin?" He murmured into the speaker, earning a confused 'no'. "Then how could you be over the telephone and be on my mind at the same time?"

"Oh, hush, you silly man," he could hear the smirk in her voice. "You weren't thinking of me, you were sleeping."

Cal didn't care if he was a twenty-eight-year-old man with a child. He didn't care if he sounded like a teenager. All he knew was that he was in love. A love that changed his life for the better.

"Gi, tell me what am I doing here again?"

"Performing your duties as an Emperor?"

"Then why am I not in our bed kissing every inch of your skin? That's a huge violation; a dishonour of my commitments to Praja." He trailed his fingers up the silken sheets, feeling how it was similar to the materials of her nightgown.

"And Praja would hate to see Angletonia fall from glory. They might summon me back," she taunted. "You have a busy day tomorrow, Sire. You need your sleep. No more playing around."

"So why are you giving me a telephone call so late at night? It's only fair to say I am not the only one..." he wiggled his shoulders, even though she couldn't see it.

"I dialled you to check if you had nightmares, but you seem to be doing just fine."

"I would have nightmares now, without you in my arms," he begged. "Now, what are you wearing?"