37 | Anything in the World

Parts of this chapter were written since December 2019, and done with a slight change.

.·。.·゜·༺♥༻ ·゜·。.

Oh God, thank you, you've allowed me
To spend the most beautiful years
With him

Living a love
I didn't know existed
I won't trade it
For anything in the world

- Twelve Most Beautiful Years, by BCL

.·。.·゜·༺♥༻ ·゜·。.

CAL LEROY SR.

"Gi, you're awake! How are you feeling, darling?" She looked up to see Cal leaning over her, the eager expression on his face reflected on the younger face of Junior kneeling on the bed next to him.

Gigi petted the crown of Junior's head. "Junior, I need to talk to your father for a while. Why don't you go down and fetch some new books so we can read together later?"

"Right away, Mamma!"

Cal raised his brows, looking at Junior cluelessly as he hopped down from the bed and hurried off through the doors. Faintly, he could hear Aravin try to pry in before being barred by Junior as he shut the door behind them.

The sunset behind the glass windows across from her gave a more reddish glow to Gigi's flustered face as she sighed contentedly.

"...Did I miss something?" Cal asked with a curious smile, still stunned.

"You certainly did." Now resting on her side facing him, Gigi carefully adjusted her injured arm on the pillows. "Welcome home, my husband. I wish I were in a better condition to greet you, perhaps offer you the comfort of my embrace."

"Hearing your voice and seeing you smile at me again is the warmest welcome." He seated down on the edge of her bed, draping an arm over her. "But you do not look ill at all, my darling. You are glowing."

He kissed her hair longingly, heart thumping with fervour as she nuzzled his chest. How he had missed this, her clean and soothing scent. He could feel her pressing her uninjured palm on his back, bringing him close. They took that moment to savour everything they had missed the week he was gone, and her unconscious.

"I know that you've been home for two days but for me, it's still been a week since I've last seen you." She gushed, he could sense a yearning in her voice. "Congratulations on succeeding in your mission. Thank the gods you have made it home safe."

"I caught a bit of heatstroke. I was so focused on getting the job done that I didn't realize a little too much sun could harm me." He replied, sheepishly.

"No wonder you look sunburned." She reached up to caress his cheeks before trailing her fingers down his chest. "My poor husband's been away from me for far too long."

Having her so close like this awakened the desire he had kept buried securely at the back of his mind. It reminded him about the decision he had made at the Doctor's.

He was so ready. He wished so badly to try it with her.

"Gi, there's something I need to tell you. It might surprise you, but I assure you that it's nothing you've forced on me. In fact, I've been wanting it for a while."

She nodded calmly. "I know, I do too."

"You do? I mean, I know you do. You haven't been very subtle about it." He tried suppressing his laugh, recalling the scene where she groped him in front of everyone at his birthday party.