Chapter 8

It wasn't as bad as you thought. Nagito was back to being the polite and sociable boy you had met before everything fell apart. You felt a little happier because he helped you forget everything that's happened, everything that's ruined your life.

"Well, I think I better leave, Komaeda-kun, " you said as you collected the tray. Nagito looked a little saddened by that, but he kept a bright smile on his face. "Yey, of course! But please, stop by again if you can, I enjoy your company!" he said.

You smiled back at him. "Though I don't really know why you'd choose to spend time with the likes of me, " he said, going back to his self-deprecating self. "Koameda-kun, you're a good person, insane, but I think you mean well, " you said firmly.

Nagito chuckled and nodded. You walked out of the dining hall and went back to the restaurant, your spirits lifted slightly. As soon as you walked in, Mikan ran up to you and embraced you, sounds of relief escaping from her.

"M-Miki-chan?" you asked quietly, turning a light shade of red. "L-L/N-san, I was so worried! Did Komaeda-kun h-hurt you in any way? He didn't try a-anything, did h-he?" stammered Mikan, her eyes wide and worried, melting your heart.

You shook your head and smiled reassuringly at the shy nurse. "No, I'm fine. Thanks for your concern, Miki-chan!" you said. Mikan smiled back and pulled away. It was peaceful in the restaurant, and you felt calm for just a moment.

You sat down next to Mahiru. "L/N-san, you're very charming, " Mahiru suddenly said, turning her dull green eyes towards you. "Huh? Me? Charming?" you spluttered. "Yes, almost everyone on this island likes you, especially Tsumiki-san, " Mahiru continued.

"Aw, I'm sure that's not true, Hiyoko-chan surely doesn't like me! She doesn't like anybody, except you, Koizumi-san, " you stated with an awkward smile. Mahiru shook her head, a small smile on her face. "Hiyoko-chan even likes you, " she said.

A faint pink blush made its way onto your cheeks. Everybody liked you, huh? Well, guess the only person who didn't like you is Fuyuhiko. Fuyuhiko was an odd person, he looked like a baby but he acted quite differently from one. 

"Hey, Koizumi-san, what do you think Kuzuryu-kun thinks about me? He's very odd, " you said absent-mindedly. Mahiru let out a tiny chuckle. "I wouldn't know, L/N-san. Yes, I can agree he's a little but strange, but he's the Ultimate Yakuza anyway, " said Mahiru.

Both of you laughed quietly and shared a smile. Mahiru was one of the more calm people in the group besides Hajime. She was confident and reasonable, and you liked that about her. "L/N-san..." said a quiet voice from beside you.

Chiaki Nanami, the Ultimate Gamer, stood there. Her gentle pink eyes drooped slightly and she gave you a small, tired smile. "Wanna play video games?" she asked. You smiled back at her and stood up, nodding yes.

The both of you sat at a table and took turns in playing her games. It was really fun, considering Chiaki was a calm and polite person. While playing with her, you couldn't help but think how nice it was to be with your friends like this.

Monomi popped up, saying proudly that she had defeated a Monobeast. That basically meant that a new island had opened up and you were able to explore it. Of course, it was extremely exciting since there might be a way to escape there.

Time skip~

"Hmm...that ruin has the word 'Mirai' on it. It must have some kind of connection with this hotel, since it's called Hotel Mirai. Do you think so, Miki-chan?" you said, stroking your chin. Mikan jumped at the mention of her name but nodded.

It was all so strange. Mikan leaned back a bit in her chair. "Miki-chan, do you think we'll be able to make it out of here alive?" you suddenly asked. Mikan jerked up in surprise. "Why, yes! Why do you doubt that, L/N-san? Is someone targeting you?" she asked.

You shook your head. "It's just...scary. I don't want anyone else to die, and-" you were cut off by a 'ding dong' from the monitor in your room. Monokuma appeared on the screen, ordering everyone to go to Jabberwock for their 'motive'.

Despite knowing it was dangerous, you went along with Mikan. The both of you saw everyone else there, confused. You felt arms wrap around you and a giggle could be heard. It was Ibuki, and you smiled at the sight of her.

"What's up, Mioda-san?" you asked casually. Ibuki just hugged you even tighter. "Nooothing! Ibuki just likes Y/N-chan A LOT! You're super cute and soft, y'know?" sang Ibuki loudly, oblivious to the bright red blush on your face.

Mikan's eyes became dull and angry as she struggled to contain her anger. How could she seperate Ibuki and you? But those questions had tp be left unanswered as Monokuma popped up, laughing and cackling.

The motive was a video game called 'Twilight Murder Syndrome'. Chiaki's eyes lit up when she heard the name, saying that it was a classic. Her excitement died down when she heard this specific game was modified by Monokuma.

You decided you wouldn't play it. It was a Monokuma game, it was destined to be dangerous! Plus, it was a motive to progress the killing game. Mikan stood beside you silently, and anxiety filled your body when you saw Mikan's serious expression.

"M-Miki-chan?" you whispered. "O-Oh! Yes?" she stammered. It was...more familiar to see the nurse as a shy and stuttering mess. Sad but true. You were about to walk away, but Mikan grasped your wrist.

"U-Um, L/N-san, the girls have invited me to a gathering tomorrow, just to get to know each other. Do you...want to come?" she asked timidly. You smiled and nodded. At least you all would be together and a murder couldn't occur!

You went to your room, feeling sleepy all of a sudden. As soon as you reached your cabin, you fell into your bed and curled up under the covers. Gentle snores escaped your lips as you fell into a deep and peaceful sleep.

If only you knew what was going to happen...