Chapter 13: A Good Escape

(After this chapter, four more chapters left! Wow! This one went by fast! As I was typing this up, the Scared Stones banner was running and I finally got Innes! He was the last missing royal! Haha! He married L'Arachel! Either way, I hope you enjoy it! Enjoy!)

            Innes and Tana were preparing their own defense of Frelia, Ephraim and Eirika had departed to the hidden dragon village.

"Do you think they'll be safe?" Tana asked with worry.

"They'll be fine. Those two can handle anything that comes their way" Innes reassured her, "Now, get to your post. We need to prepare for the worst"

Tana understood as she went to her post. Innes looked ahead to see an army coming towards them. In the army, Orson was leading the troops.

"Go forth and destroy anything! Now, find that spring!" Orson ordered loudly.

The army charged towards the castle as Gilliam and Moulder prepared their defenses for the assault. As for the Royal Twins of Renais, they were able to sneak away from Frelia.

"So, where do we go from here?" Colm asked as they made their way to the forest.

"For now, just follow Leia and Ephraim" Forde said calmly.

Colm rolled his eyes at the knight. They quickly made their way in silence and without knowing they were being followed by Lyon's two generals, Sheeve and Riev. Gilliam raised his iron greatlance to make a strong wall appear around the castle. Moulder chanted a spell to reinforce the wall. The army couldn't get through their combined attack. Orson sighed as his silver sword and rammed into the wall to break a hole! The troops poured into the castle!

"They're here!" Gilliam roared as he rammed his iron greatlance through a few troops.

Then, a few troops surrounded Moulder.

"Just because I am old, doesn't mean that I am not strong!" he yelled as he slammed his staff to the ground to make a strong moonlight spell drain the life away from a few troops.

"Thank you, Shul-utula. I always love teaching those foolish children lessons" Moulder said with pride as he went to fight the other troops.

Syrene and Vanessa were flying aboe the army and kept an eye out for any troops heading into the castle. Vanessa held her bright lance and dove down to the troops and to cut them down! As for Syrene, she flew behind Vanessa to take out any troops using her short spear.

"Make sure they don't attack the royal family! We can't let them fall!" she yelled to her comrades and sister.

They agreed as they rallied the troops to fight back. Innes was standing in the hallway. He was able to find a few windows. He raised his bow and got his arrows ready.

"Guide my arrows, so that they may strike down my enemies, Enlil" Innes whispered calmly as he released an arrow.

He struck down troops and left them confused and vulnerable to attack. Tana and her Pegasus were on the roof and overlooking this fight. She then hopped on her Pegasus and dove straight into the fight. She rammed down troops in her path using Vidofinir. They were able to take down troops in their path. Orson was impressed to see how strong they were. He never met skilled Pegasus knights like them before. Vanessa dove towards Orson to knock his silver sword out of his hands, but Orson blocked her attack!

"Clever! I didn't expect a frontal attack like that. I thought you were going to do something drastically different. However, I will not be beaten so easily!" Orson declared, "Gunura! Let's do this!"

He gave off a strong gray light and slammed his silver sword against her bright lance! Vanessa was trying to hold her own against him, but he had a lot of strength.