Chapter 14: A Final Declaration

(Whew! Having free time and getting stories done is always a wonderful feeling. That being said, this story is close to finishing too. We've got three left, so I promise to finish this week. I really don't like sad endings, but this one really called for it. Enjoy!)

          "Right now, conflict has consumed the world. It is not safe for anyone anymore. I trust you've heard of this as well" Morva stated seriously.

Eirika nodded her head and answered, "Princess Moon mentioned a fight broke out between her and a longtime friend. Also, I've heard about how a few lands in the east were facing a similar crisis too. It seems like darkness is growing out of hand"

Everyone was saddened by the news, but they knew too well of it. It seemed like darkness was consuming everything and everyone. They weren't sure how their world was going to turn out. Morva sensed their worry for their world and raised his head to the sky. He let out a low growl as the old man turned to a small spring. He examined the spring and let out a laugh.

"What's so amusing?" Seth asked seriously.

The old man turned his attention to them and answered, "They shouldn't have to worry. Although their life may cut shirt, another life will grow from that, and a new dawn shall rise"

Everyone was stunned by this as the Royal Twins understood.

"So, the future and the children will live in peace?" Ephraim asked simply.

"Our descendants will also live on and be able to enjoy life?" Eirika asked strongly.

"That is correct" Morva said with a nod and lowered his head at them.

Eirika took a breath in as Ephraim calmed himself down.

"Then, we have to do everything we can. We have to plan to make sure that Myrrh and her father get away. We even have to make sure that the spring is hidden, and Luke gets to some place safe" Ephraim said calmly.

Everyone was surprised at how calm the Royal Twins were.

"This means you'll die! Are you sure about this?!" Colm snapped at them.

"Don't talk like that to them!" Seth stated as he looked down on the thief.

Eirika stepped between them.

"I know what this means. If I am honest, I knew for a while I wouldn't survive this fight. Prince Lyon was determined to wipe out the royal families and find the springs. He's always been determined to do whatever he wants to accomplish. He won't stop at nothing till his goals are achieved in the end. I am willing to do anything I can to stop him and ensure he won't find this village and the spring" Eirika stated strongly.

"Princ Lyon may be our friend, but he is now against us. He's taken so many lives and wants to destroy something. He can't do this, because this would hurt everyone, not just us. We have to do everything we can to save those who do not have the power to stand up for themselves. That is the role of those who have royal blood, protect the innocents. We have to give up everything to make sure everyone can live their lives to their full extents" Ephraim stated seriously no doubt in his voice.

Their friends were shocked to hear about this.

Forde stepped forward and stated, "Then, I'll serve you till the end. My little brother is safe and will be able to live his life. Now, all I have to do is give it my all"

Ephraim nodded at him as Neimi raised her bow while shaking in place.

"I-I'll do e-everything I can to help you. I m-may be scared, but if I can to help you. I m-may be scared, but if there will be innocents caught in between! I can't just stand here and do nothing! I have to do something if I have the ability to do it!" she said strongly with a bit of stuttering in her voice.

Eirika nodded her head at her as Colm stood beside her.

"If she's going, then I'm going too. I won't let her face any kind of danger alone. I'm going to be by her side till the end" Colm said with a firm head nod at Eirika.

Kyle raised his lance at Ephraim and said calmly, "I will stand by your side till the end. I have always felt great honor for working and fighting by your side. There would be no greater honor than to be by your side"

Ephraim and Forde smiled at their friend.

Ross held his brave axe and shouted, "My father, Garcia, is a strong warrior. I have to live up to that! I won't let you down! I will help you with this!"

Ephraim agreed as Seth held Eirika's hands. He gave her hands a kiss.

"And, I will stand by your side until the end, my love. I will not leave your side and this future you want to create" Seth vowed as the two of them shared a kiss.

Myrrh hovered over to the twins and said bravely, "I want to help too. Please help us and let me help!"

With their moral restored, the group began to plan their attack against Lyon's army. Morva informed Eirika, Ephraim, and Myrrh that the descendants who have powers must live on. The Royal Twins realized that this means Colm, Myrrh, themselves, Lyon, Luke, and Leia. They have to make sure someone of their family line lives on. Eirika and Ephraim knew they had descendants along with the other members of the royal families except for Lyon. Luke approached them and looked very distressed about this.

"Is something wrong, Luke?" Eirika asked.

"I need you to make sure my twin lives on. I know I can't live on. As for me, I can't be allowed to live like this. I have to make sure I die with this power" Luke said simply as he cried to them, "I've had a good life. It's ok. Just promise me that she'll live on and see what this world has to offer"

The Royal Twins embraced Luke warmly.

We know the feeling. We are planning something like this as well" Ephraim reassured him.

Eirika was crying as she held him too.

"It is sad, but it is important to think about our friends and family. We have to do something to make sure they, along with those who are innocent" Eirika said calmly as she dried her tears.

Thus, they began their plans. Luke's group was Ross, Han, and Leia. Eirika and Ephraim's group was Seth, Colm, and Neimi. Lastly, Myrrh's group had Kyle and Forde. They broke off in four separate locations and away from the hidden village. All three groups were only doing one thing: buying time for the rest of the dragons to escape and get away from Lyon's army. Luke was walking with Han as Leia was walking with Ross ahead of them. Luke loked away from his twin and then at his hands.

"Hey, are you ok?" Han asked as he saw his friend looking very worried.

"I need to ask you a favor" Luke confessed, "I need you to protect my twin from everything. She needs to live on and make sure she sees the world after this whole fight is over. She needs to be there"

Han was surprised to hear this, but he did promise him that he would take care of his twin sister.

Then, the two of them felt a dark presence surrounding them as an echo said, "Time to extinguish the light side of this world!"

The ground joined together and prepared to face the echo.

Myrrh's group moved around the front areas of the hidden village. Kyle and Forde were quiet as they made their way outside grove.

"Are you sure we can handle this without anyone else?" Forde asked worriedly.

"We have to follow their orders. I am sure they know what they are doing" Kyle reassured them calmly.

Myrrh stopped and hovered in the air. The two knights stopped and waited. A dark mage appeared before them as the area darkened around the!

"How I have longed to meet someone who has dragon blood! Now! I can finally destroy one to examine it!" Riev declared as he gathered darkness around them.

Eirika, Ephraim, Seth, Colm, and Neimi were walking near the village. They remained quiet and tense as they waited for their opponent.

"Are you two ready? This will not be an easy fight before you" Seth asked calmly.

"It will be heard, but we have to be ready for this" Ephraim said seriously as Eirika nodded.

Darkness surrounded them as creatures rose from the ground. Lyon appeared with a dark grin on his face.