0.2

We sat in the living room talking for hours, it felt like I'd missed out on both their lives. However, we still hadn't addressed why I was moved here and I was dreading it.

"So did mum and dad just have enough of you?" Phoebe playfully teased.

"Yeah I guess they just wanted to get rid of me aha"
I played along.

"But like seriously, something must have happened for them to go to this lengths" Gemma sobered.

"Nah nothing in particular they just didn't like my lifestyle" I lied with ease.

Gemma kept giving me weary looks after that like she was trying to solve a puzzle. It's none of her business and it will only put a strain on our relationship as she says she hate gangs but is dating a guy in one! How tf does that make any logical sense? Anyway, I also found out that they both smoke and drink but don't do drugs! Why exclude drugs? How boring, not like that's gonna stop me let's be real here.

But I decided I won't frighten them tonight and only smoked with them. It was getting late so they lead me to my new room, king size bed with a small wooden bedside table and closet. To make matters worse the bed frame was crushed velvet and so we're the curtains! I wanted to gag but out of respect I fake smiled and thanked Gemma, wow I really am being nice today.

                                              ~

I woke up to radiant sun beans streaming through the tacky curtains and waking me up. Great. I can already tell it's going to be a long day and it's only 10am. Grumpily scrambling out of my bed I staggered to the kitchen to find no one in site.

"GEMMA! PHOEBE?" I screamed.

Silence. Shit I forgot Phoebe has school, I'm guessing Gemma drove her. A great idea popped into my head and I sprinted upstairs to get dressed and do my hygiene. After about 45 mins I packed my Chanel bag with the essentials and headed outside and get into my car. Reversing out the driveway made some commotion, I'm guessing my sisters are well know and haven't introduced or told anyone about me yet. How nice and polite of them. Reving the engine I sped down the street and towards the nearest mall, according to my google maps.

About 30 mins later I arrive and end up buying a whole new room.

It definitely doesn't fit with the aesthetic of the entire house but whatever, my room now bitch!The photo of NY to remind me of my gang when I miss them

The photo of NY to remind me of my gang when I miss them. Damn I love that city I wish I was still there, having fun instead of furniture shopping.

I payed more to get everything delivered and set up hopefully before Gemma comes home or she's in for a shock and then there will be more questions on how I afforded it!

~

Once my room was set up and done I decided to call Gemma, which should have been my first thought when I realised I was home alone but anyway.

"Gem?" I asked as soon as she accepted the call.

"Hey babes how are you, sorry I had to drop Phoebe to school then I went over to visit my man because I didn't know how long you slept for" Gemma replied.

"Ok I'm going out to get ice cream now so tell me when your leaving and I'll come home" I stated.

"But how do u know your way there or that we even have an ice cream parlour?" Gemma suspiciously questioned.

"Google maps" I obviously said while rolling my eyes and disconnecting the call.

Yes there is an ice cream parlour but that's not my next destination, it's the beach.

~

About an hour later I arrived at the sandy shore of an LA beach. The sun had just began to set, casting a warm orange glow on the clear blue water as it gently rippled.

Sitting on a deserted bench far away from anyone I grabbed my pre rolled joint from my Chanel purse and sparked it. The high hit instantly and I could feel my should start to relax. Whilst enjoying the scenery my phone started to aggressively vibrate in my pocket. In what felt like slow motion I answered to call.

"What?" I slurred.

"Emily I'm coming home in 30 mins, could you pick Phoebe up from her friends house" Gemma asked unaware of my state rn.

"Send me the addy" I replied and quickly ended the call.

Walking to my car, trying to avoid anyone's gaze I entered the addy into google maps and started driving as fast as possible without getting pulled over. Imagine, I don't think my record can get any better at this point so I might as well tbh. With that thought I sped down the highway and to my destination in less than 30 mins, half the amount of time it took on the way there.

Dizzily climbing out the car I stumbled up to the front door and knocked twice.

"What- um nice to meet you, you can call me Ruben" a small brown haired tanned boy stuttered while looking me up and down.

"RUBY!" someone shouted, making me laugh to myself.

Suddenly, Phoebe shoved him to the side and enloped me in a tight hug.

"You good?" I questioned.

"Yeah it's just weird seeing you regularly now I haven't got used to it yet"

"So whose your friends"

"This is Ruby, Monse, Ceaser, Jasmine and Jamal" she introduced pointing at each of them.

I just nodded when suddenly my phone starts ringing again. Guess who it is? Your right, Gemma!

"Yes?"

"Have you picked Phoebe up yet?"

"Yeah we leaving now"

"Ok I bought a new bedside table for you on the way homeeeee"

"I don't need it I bought some furniture today dw"

"Trust me it's so nice let me just see if it goes ..."

"Yo?"

"How tf did u afford this Freya? I'm not joking!!" She screams through the phone, loud enough for the whole house to hear. Not like they haven't all been ear dropping.

"I saved up before I knew I was coming here, anyway stop putting your big nose into my business and pretending to be mum" I seethed.

"—-"

She rudely cuts the call off and I look up to see everyone staring.

"What?"

"You remind me of a calmer female spooky" Ceaser says.

"Spooky? Wtf"

"Yeah I low-key see it too" everyone adds.

"Don't say that to Gem she'll have a fit" Phoebe laughs.