ein

"So we beat on boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past

"So we beat on boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
Great Gatsby

"Great Gatsby

"LAND TO SEA. OVER." Radio static overpowered the blistering winds and the roaring sea causing the crewmates of the ship to freeze in hesitation as they waited for the static to come again. "Land to Sea. Over." The second round of the radio fizzle broke the stillness of the crew as the lonesome man strode steadily to the battered radio hiding away in the captain's lounge. The man grabbed ahold of the transmitter on the PTT radio and took a deep unnecessary breath.

"This is Sea. Over." The roughness of the man's voice drew in the attention of not only the caller on the beaten up radio but also, the remaining members of his crew. They swiftly made headway towards the lounge in hopes of eavesdropping on the upcoming transmissions.

"I'm in desperate need of help, Ragnar. Break." The man now known as Ragnar raised a thick eyebrow at the desperation filled voice of a man he knew to have always remained calm in any situation. "Please come to Forks. I need your knowledge. Over." This obviously peaked Ragnar's attention and his need to always help a friend when needed.

"Anything for an old friend. We will meet in Port Angeles. Three days' time. Break." The eavesdropping became apparent as their talking began to amplify. Going to land so soon without shipments to run or heading northeast towards home was almost unheard of while working at sea but, this unknown voice proved to be a blessing bestowed upon them by the gods it seemed to be. Chattering on top of the rough seas made it difficult for Ragnar to continue so, he hushed the crew before he continued his goodbyes. "We shall see you soon. Over and out"

"Over and out." Relief could be universally heard through the receiver and it put a temporary ease on Ragnar's mind before his mind began to wonder. Why had Carlisle called? He knew that the only piece of technology he owned was only for emergencies or for work. It was really the only reason Ragnar obtained the hunk of metal. If the blond vampire called for an emergency, why hadn't he just said it over the radio? Why is a matter only meant to be told face to face? Vampire to Vampire? A low groan rumbled out of Ragnar's body at all the reeling questions in his head, complicating the situation more. It was times like these where he wished he wasn't a strategic overthinker. This all seemed to be the start of a large mess he wanted no part of.