tveir

"Now this is not the end

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But, it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Winston Churchill

LITTLE DROPLETS OF RAIN RUSHED DOWN THE WINDSHIELD OF THE BLACK SUV AS THE DULCET SOUNDS OF A PIANO PERMEATED THE AIR COVERING UP THE SILENCE

LITTLE DROPLETS OF RAIN RUSHED DOWN THE WINDSHIELD OF THE BLACK SUV AS THE DULCET SOUNDS OF A PIANO PERMEATED THE AIR COVERING UP THE SILENCE. The heads of the Cullen family were seated comfortably in the first row of seats quickly but safely making their way up to Port Angeles. It was only a matter of time before the last witnesses that they knew of would be arriving at port. Hopefully the answers we need will lie with Ragnar. Carlisle thought as his grip on the leather wheel tightened ever so slightly. Esme took note of the movement and furrowed her manicured brows.

"I know you said earlier this morning that we were heading to Port Angeles to retrieve some witnesses, but I'm confused about why it's only us two." Esme swivelled her upper body in her seat to get a better view of Carlisle's reactions. She sincerely hoped to get some semblance of an answer out of her husband considering that ever since that day in the office, he has been more closed off and reserved than usual.

The blonde sighed knowing that he finally had the privacy to tell his lovely wife what was going on. "The people that are coming are ones I met during my travels before the Volturi. One of them knows about the legends of hybrids much like Renesmee and I hope he will give us the answers we desperately need." Carlisle flashed her a hopeful smile as they both peered out of the rain-covered window to see the Port Angeles welcome sign greet them in a gloomy blur.

Carlisle expertly navigated his way through the lonely roads of the town heading straight for the ports on the very distant edge of the town. The passenger kept her gaze locked on the world outside of their vehicle watching life pass them savoring the moments they have before the snow came. Time seemed to be nonexistent as the SUV weaved its way to the parking lot associated with the filled docks. Esme reached a delicate hand out to Carlisle's steady one once they were parked preparing to collect the last pieces to save them from being destroyed. With ease and grace, the guardians of the Cullen children vacated the metal contraption and without arousing suspicion, rushed to the hood of the car to join back together.