poker night (cazzie)

poker face- lady gaga
izzie's pov

     "jesus christ newton, could you take any longer to get ready."
      "actually i can, so if you want me to i-"
       "shut up and get ready or i'm coming in the room and picking something out for you." i yelled from the bathroom.
    she's had me in here waiting for the last half  hour.
     "you know maybe you should." she teased.
     "okay, i'm coming in."
     i waltzed into her room to find her already dressed and laying on her bed.
       "you bitch. you've been dressed the whole time."
      "you know i hate parties and clayton people." she whines.
     "hey! i'm clayton people too!"
      "no darling, you're not. you're just happen to go to clayton."
     i blushed at the nickname. it's been a while since we confessed our feeling for eachother. she said she wanted to be fully over evan before we did anything. and since then it's been radio silence on the feelings aspect.
      sometimes i think she doesn't feel the same anymore but she does little things to remind me she only wants me.
   "either way the entire team is gonna be there so we have to go newton."
"it's literally a school event at this point." i try convincing her further.
    "but you know who else is undoubtedly going to be there'"
      "nate." we say at the same time.
      "as much as i hate seeing him we still have to go, and you look hot so now we have to go." i joke.
    "hot you say? have you taken a look at yourself lately?"
      i chuckle.
     i was wearing a short black dress with light makeup and heels. i know i'm hot, but i'm glad casey likes it.
we're both dressed semi formal, since it was dress code. she wearing dress pants and shoes with a short sleeve button up that has some pattern on it.
and let me say she's captivating.
    "well if we must go, let's go now. i'd hate to be late to a quinn hernandez party." she says sarcastically.
     "finally." i sigh as we walk downstairs.
     "where are you girls going so dressed up?" mrs. gardner calls from the kitchen.
"a party elsa." casey calls back.
"you didn't tell me anything about a party. what make you think i'll just let you go?"
"it's a team mandatory event." i say and her expression immediately changes.
"oh well that's different, have a good time girls." she calls as we exit the house.
"thank god that's over, now party time." she says resting her hands on the steering wheel.
"weren't you the one who didn't want to go. why so quick to change you mind newton?"
"i want to make nate jealous."
"and how do you plan on doing that?" i cock my eyebrow.
"trust me, i have my ways." she smirks whilst starting the car.
the radio's low hum filled up the car.
"hey, casey." i say gaining her full attention.
she knows when i call her by her real name it's something serious.
"hmm."
    "i know that you waiting till you over evan, but how long is it going to take?"
      "i'm over him, i've been taking time to mentally prepare to be the best me i can for you." she says while pulling into quinn's drive way.
      "newton you're always best you, no preparation needed, and you don't have to try to be better for me. i want you as you are." i rest my hand on her shoulder.
      "i know, i just catch myself sometimes and i think i'm not enough for you." she confesses.
      "casey, i want you as you are i promise you are more than enough for me."
    not taking a second to hesitate, she grabs my face and pulls me into a soft sweet kiss.
      she slowly pulls away.
    "i'm ready to commit to this, i want you izzie, and only you." she smiles.
       i know i must be beaming right now.
     she gets out to car and walks around to open the door for me.
      "thank you m'lady."
she interlocks our hands as we walk up to the door, of quinn's ginormous house.
      "you ready to blow these clayton bitches out the water?"
      "hell yeah." i smirk.
i knock on the door, and immediately an already tipsy quinn appears.
"NEWTON! IZZIE!" she yells over the chatter of the room.
the house looks like it's set up for clayton's famous poker night.
    "what's going on?" casey whispers in my ear as we step into the house.
     "seems to be poker night." i reply.
     "what the fuck is poker night?"
      "it's exactly what it sounds like newton."
      "yeah no, let's leave i refuse to do this."
     "to late we're already here, and you said you needed to make nate jealous so, go find him and make him jealous."
     i watched her walk off to find nate.
     i took that as my sign to find someone else to talk to. i started in the kitchen where i found penelope talking to some random guy.
     she immediately catches sight of me and ditch the guy, to his disappointment.
     "hey girl, you look great."
     by observation she just a little more sober than quinn.
     "hey, i didn't know tonight was poker night."
       "none of us did, quinn just randomly did it and here we are."
        "casey was so confused when we walked in."
       "newton doesn't seem like the poker type, but i guess we'll have to see."
"she's competitive so i guess we'll find out." i shrug.
      "you wanna play?"
       "obviously."
      we sit down at the table, its us and three other dude's.
       they already have snarky looks on their faces.
     the dealer gives everyone two cards.
     six of spades and two of spades, that works in my favor.
       some guy with blonde curly hair sets the bet and we all match up to it.
      the dealer set the flop out of the table. it's the ace of diamonds, three of spades, and two of clubs.
     we all bet keeping it the same.
    the dealer burns the next card and sets the turn.
    it's a jack of spades. just my luck. i have four out of the five i need to win this, and honestly i think i'm doing the best  right now.
    two of the guys fold.
      i smirk at penelope as i raise the bet.
     "you bitch." she hits my arm jokingly.
      "i know."
     the dealer burn one last card and places the river face up.
     queen of spades.
     they're done for.
     i put everything on the table for bet.
    penelope folds and it's just me and the blonde boy.
     he drops his cards in the table with a smirk, two threes.
     i drop mine and the others are dumbfounded.
   the blonde looks hurt.
   "sorry did i hurt your ego?"
     he storms off.
2 hours later
     i've won one of the various tournaments of the night.
it's been two hours and i haven't seen casey once, i'm honestly starting to get worried about her.
"IZZIE!"quinn yells.
"what quinn?"
"you have to see this shit. newton is playing against nate. they're playing for the winner."
"holy shit i have to see this." i immediately follow quinn through a crowd of people surrounding a table.
she leads me straight to casey.
the dealer hands both nate a casey two cards.
i watched as both of them check their hands, nate has a wicked smirk on his face, but casey remains emotionless.
nate places his bet and casey matches.
the dealer burns the top card and lays out three cards, the king of hearts, the jack of hearts, and the two of clubs appears on the table as the flop.
everyone's eyes are on the two as the betting starts again. everyone is shocked when casey raises hers after nate kept his the same.
none the less the dealer burns another card and place another down next to the three.
an ace of hearts serves as the turn.
the crowd watches adamantly as they bet again. both of them taking the bet up.
they're glaring at each other as the dealer burns the next and places one last card on the table.
a seven of spades serves at the river.
they bet one last time. both of them betting whatever they have left.
now it's time to see who really has luck on their side.
nate smirks as he drops the two of hearts and five of hearts. a flush on the table.
"looks like you're all out of luck newton." he laughs.
everyone's eyes burn into casey as she drops her cards on the table.
the queen and ten of hearts.
"no nate, i don't think so."
everyone goes wild as casey just won the game with a royal flush.
"NEWTON YOU DID IT!" i cheered.
she grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into a passionate kiss. i made sure to flip nate off in the process.
we heard cheering in the background honestly not sure from what at this point but when we pulled away nate's face was painted red with embarrassment as he stormed out.
"and that is how i made nate jealous. he just lost to the girl who stole his."
"shut up newton, and let's go home."
word count: 1,547

not proof read