feelings (cazzie)

falling for you-1975
casey's pov

"can she just use common sense for once?" i ranted to sharice.
"casey, why don't you just tell her how you feel?"
"because she's dating nate."
"okay, but is she really "dating" nate?" sharice countered
" i mean no, but she doesn't she know how bad of a boyfriend he is to her. i could be so much better. she deserves better." i voiced frustratedly.
"so just ask to talk to her and be like you stupid bitch, can't you see i'm the perfect one for you."
"if i tell her that she's going to not only beat my ass but drop me altogether. how did i even know she likes me?"
"casey elizabeth gardner! are you dumb? of course izzie likes you. that girl is fruitier than a fucking fruit tray."
i'm pretty sure casey doesn't have a middle name so i made it up
     i sighed in frustration, "dating men is so much easier than liking women."
     "i'll take you word for it. i've never seen you so stressed out over someone."
      "casey, sharice, dinners ready!" elsa called from downstairs.
     "i don't wanna move." i pulled the blanket over my head and groaned.
     "too bad gardner." she took my hand a yanked me from the bed.
   we walked downstairs to find paige and sam on the couch watching some nature documentary.
    "nerds."
    "casey leave your brother alone." elsa pestered.
"why, that's part of the fun?" i asked sarcastically.
"gardner, get to the table." sharice says yanking me by the ear.
an hour later
"bye mr. and mrs. gardner, bye sharice and casey, bye sam" paige says goodbye to each of us.
"so she's a bit much sometimes isn't she?" sharice whispers in my ear.
"obviously." i retort.
"okay well i gotta get going, you mind giving me a ride home case?"
"not at all," i answer, "i'm going bring sharice home." i call out to the rest of the house.
we get into elsa's car and start the drive to her house.
it's a fairly quick drive from my house to hers.
"goodnight loser." she says ruffling my hair.
"goodnight shorty." i smirk as she closes the door.
i start the drive back to my house when i notice a familiar figure on the street.
i slow to a stop rolling down the window.
"izzie?"
"oh, hey newton.. um i was actually hoping i'd run into you. i know i ask a lot but can i stay at your house tonight?"
"of course iz, get in the car." i smiled
she crossed over and got into the passenger seat.
she seemed distressed so i held my hand out to her, and moments later i felt hers take the empty place.
we drove back to my house in peace.
as we opened the door it appeared like everyone had gone up to there rooms to get ready for bed.
"jeez it's like a ghost town in here. did you go on a murder spree?" she joked.
"shut up." i elbowed her shoulder.
we walked up the stairs to my room and she began to dig around in my closet for some clothes.
i'd never admit it to her but i loved when she wore my clothes, they always looked better on her than me.
that statement rang true when she walked out the bathroom in one of my tanktops and a pair of shorts.
"god you're so hot." i said under my breath.
"what was that newton?"
"nothing."
"come on what was it." she said jumping on the bed.
"i'm serious i didn't say anything."
"i don't believe you." she jokingly pinned me to the bed.
her face was so close to mine i couldn't help but want to kiss her.
"so what was it again?" she questioned a final time starring into my eyes.
"absolutely nothing ms. taylor."
she looked as if she might lean in before shaking her head and getting off of me.
"i'll let it slide for now but i will figure out what you said one day." she slid into the sheets next to me.
"i gotta go shower i'll be back in a couple minutes."
i grabbed some random clothes and bolted to the bathroom.
i turned the shower on and ran cold water.
after a few minutes i got in letting the water hit my face.
i hopped out a couple minutes later just to see i had grabbed a shirt that was way too small.
"ugh" i internally sighed.
i walked into the room shirtless praying izzie was asleep and wouldn't see me.
i quietly walked over to my closet.
i thought i had succeeded until i heard her say, "great view from here."
"shut up, the shirt i grabbed was too small."
"no no please newton you're a smoke show, you don't have to but a shirt on."
"haha very funny. now scoot over." i said pulling the shirt over my head.
"jesus christ newton, did you take a cold shower?"
"yeah so what?"
"you're a fucking psycho."
    "i needed to clear my head."
    "what impure thoughts were going through you brain that you had to take a cold ass shower?" she joked biting her lip.
   i almost choked on my spit.
    "none, i just like cold showers okay?"
   " jeez newton i was just joking."
      she got quiet for a while. i'd assumed she was asleep and i let go on the breath i'd been holding in.
but just as i did she said,"good night newton."
   she pulled herself into my chest and snuggled closer.
     jesus christ i'm so gay, i don't think i can handle all this.
    i tried to close my eyes and get some rest.
izzie's pov
    casey's arms slipped around my waist as we danced, it felt like it was just us, like the rest of the world didn't exist. like it was just us.
     i recognized the song playing faintly in the background as fallingforyou by the 1975.
    it was one of our songs.
      "case-"
     "shh the good part is coming up." she pressed her index finger to my lips lightly.
     i bit my lip and giggled.
   " i think i'm falling, i'm falling for you." she sung to me, pulling me closer.
    our face were nearly inches apart as we swayed back and forth.
     i placed my head on her shoulder and let comfort engulf me.