Chapter 9

Louis's POV

Ever since Harry walked in on Liam and I, I couldn't stop worrying about him. I felt guilty. I knew he isn't the most mentally stable, and I felt bad about possibly putting him in a bad place. I had to keep reminding myself that he wasn't my problem anymore. I know I definitely drew the line, but something in me wants to erase it. I can't do that, though. The two of us are over, and I ruined it.

Harry's POV

On Tuesday morning, I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I checked my clock.

"9:45am? I have to get ready for school!" I said to myself.

I quickly got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, did my hair, put on a thick layer of eyeliner, and used the loo. I grabbed a black v-neck, black jeans, a red flannel, and a pair of Vans out of my closet and put them on. I grabbed my bag off my desk chair, and ran downstairs. When I got to the kitchen, my mom was sitting there drinking some tea.

"You're not going to school today." she said to me.

"Why? Do I look bad? Smell? God I hope I don't smell." I replied, panicking.

"Do you not remember what happened yesterday?" She said, motining to my bandaged up wrist.

"Oh. Yeah."

"You're staying home, and I am too. I want to hear what you've been up to."

"That's fine. Can I put some stuff away first?"

"Of course. We have all day."

Despite my punk appearance, I actually really cared about school. I knew I was going to Manchester, though. I got accepted at the beginning of this school year. I just had to keep up my grades all of Senior year. I walked up the stairs, putting my bag down and taking my shoes off.

I met my mom on the couch.

"What have you been up to recently? Sorry I haven't been here much, a few nurses quit and I had to take over their shifts." she said.

"That's okay. Well, you know Louis and I broke up. I think we're still friends with the guys, though. I've been wearing eyeliner for a while. Gemma put it on me a few years back and I really liked it. When she went away for college, she gave me some. I also got your name tattooed on my heart!" I said, pulling my shirt down so she could see.

"Aww, that's sweet. Where do you get this money?"

"If you're thinking drugs, that's not it. That's another topic for another time. I found out I really enjoyed baking, so I've been pursuing that. I bake after school, and deliver to people who want stuff. I have two study halls in my schedule, so I get my homework done and rush home to bake. It's mostly decorated sugar cookies and cakes. I usually charge $30 for two-tier cakes, and $24 for a dozen decorated sugar cookies."

"Harry, that's really neat! I know you're going to Manchester, but would you be interested in opening up a bakery? You could study business."

"Mom, you already know I'm studying music journalism. I could get a job at a bakery there, though."

"That'd be nice, too."

We laid on the couch for a while.

"Do you want to go out for lunch? I was thinking we could do that, then go to some music shops?" She asked me.

"That'd be great, Mom. Thanks." I replied.

Man, I really missed her.