Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty

Harry's POV

I wasn't looking forward to the rest of the school year. It's not just me, I know our entire group wasn't. Tonight I had band practice, so that was a relief. I needed to get out of the house.

I grabbed my guitar, keys, wallet, notebook, and phone. I had been doing homework since I got home and I was sick of it. I walked downstairs and said goodbye to my mom. She was in the living room watching some sort of reality TV show.

"Love you! Be safe." She yelled as I walked outside.

I loved nights like these. Just a little bit chilly, only a few clouds, and a light breeze. I decided to walk to Callan's house tonight. The weather was absolutely perfect for it. It took me about 10 minutes to get there last time, by car, so I think it will take 20 at most. I was thinking about playing them 'Ever Fallen in Love' tonight. I think they'd like it. We'll see.

When I got to the house, I was greeted by a stressed looking Blaze. I pulled him aside for a quick conversation.

"Uh, h-hi Harry." He said.

"You seem really nervous. What's up?" I asked.

"Oh nothing." He chuckled.

"Really now? It seems like something..."

"No I promise, it's nothing."

"If you say so."

We walked downstairs. He was glancing at me every few seconds, and it was quite odd. Was there something on my shirt? Did I smell like weed? Was he looking at one of my tattoos? I'll never know.

"Hey guys!" Callan shouted. He seemed to be talking to Ezra about something.

"Hi." I replied.

I grabbed my guitar and put it on. I turned to where Ezra, Blaze, and Callan were standing.

"I have a song I wrote not too long ago about my breakup, would you mind if I played it for you?" I asked.

"Play it! I bet it'll be great." Ezra replied.

I plugged my guitar into the amp and warmed up a bit.

I flicked on the mic.

"Here goes nothing." I chuckled.

I started with the opening chords, then I played the song.

You spurn my natural emotions

You make me feel like dirt and I'm hurt

And if I start a commotion

I run the risk of losing you and that's worse

All the guys were smiling. I hoped they liked it.

Ever fallen in love with someone

Ever fallen in love, in love with someone

You shouldn't have fallen in love with

They were tapping their feet along. I continued until I got to the end of the song.

Blaze was about to say something when I stopped him.

"I think it would sound better with the full arrangement, like drums and shit, but that's what I have so far." I said, nervously.

"Dude it was great! Don't sweat it." Callan said, smiling.

"Yeah, I really liked it. I do agree, I think it'd sound really good with some drums and stuff." Ezra replied.

I smiled. I really liked them. They were really nice, and super chill.