Dream's Superiority Complex

Superiority complex in my own words: feeling that one is above everyone else, a certain group of people, or a specific person. Sometimes used to cover feelings of inferiority. 

Yep. Some people make Dream straight up depressed; I do this. 

My Ink has one too, but that's more complicated and somewhat caused by this-

Anyway..

So I believe that Dream blames himself entirely for the apple incident, but he doesn't want others to see. He knows that someone would no doubt find out if he outwardly showed that he was a pile of emotional mush, so he decides to not be depressed.

He sleeps regularly, eats well, and takes amazing care of himself, but he has to filter his undying guilt out somewhere; where better than the people he doesn't understand?

Enter soulless beings.

Extra note: I believe that soulless beings can feel real emotions if they are in a situation that would cause intense emotion in a "normal" person (Ex. Flowey in genocide route feels true fear).

Dream doesn't understand that aspect, nor does he realize that Ink's vials actually do provide true emotions - there will be something about that later if I feel like it - although they don't provide all emotions. Instead, he believes that Ink's vials are simply artificial, since he can't really feel any aura from them; as for other soulless beings, he believes that they're absolutely emotionless.

After some thinking, he decides, "If soulless beings don't feel emotion, they won't feel bad if I criticize them! They won't even realize!"

And that's what he does. Of course, every Flowey takes offense, but who would listen to them anyway? They're totally evil, right? Dream looked over one detail, though: his "best friend" is one of the few soulless beings who cares greatly. So, when they're alone, Dream occasionlly brings up a simple conversation, only to bring up emotions, the one thing that he doesn't believe Ink has. An, "Oh, wait..you wouldn't understand," or a simple, "Why are your pretending to be something you're not?" every once in a while helps Dream to think clearly about things; maybe it wasn't his fault at the tree, after all! Yeah, he's better than the soulless beings, so he obviously can't be blamed for that incident. Although, he does sometimes push a bit too much: "Ink, I get it; you want to feel, but I can't help you. Maybe you should just give it up, okay? You're soulless; you aren't meant to feel."

He didn't realize that the, "I guess you're right, Dream..thanks for reminding me that I'll never be as good as you," he received from that was actually a death threat. Few would, but still..

He's on Ink's "Kill Later" list, in any case.

Dang, he should've just been depressed.