Out of the game - Lupita

I finally managed to find the PS5 console and buy it online. Few days later, it arrived to my home. Digital Edition, without drive. It came with two DualSense controllers.

I've set up everything and booted the console up, signed into my account and started downloading the Destruction AllStars game from the library to the console.

I was so excited to play the game and do what I wanted. Hit some corners drift as long as I could and etc.

Peter: Want to give it a try later?

Tracer: Nah, I'm good. I'll be out for a little running session. Want to stay up in the shape.

Peter: Okay... but remember to stay safe out there.

Tracer: I will, don't worry.

I'm starting the game for the first time, I'm so excited. After the splash screen, the game took me to the tutorial. And I played as Shyft through the tutorial, and done everything the game wanted me to learn. I've used the rest of the time, to get to know more of the driving mechanics and tried to drift as long as I could, and did some daredevil stunts, like drifting and evading at the same time. Some sort of a Lucky Escape.

I muted out the in-game music and played my own Hospital playlist via Spotify, checked the challenge packs and started playing the first one called: Mutual Respect. I saw a cutscene, where Ultimo and Jian were arguing a bit. It took me about an hour and few restarts to get every star out of everything that pack had to offer.

Now here comes the second challenge pack: Leader of the Pack.

There's a cutscene, I see a box with the last donut in it. Then I see Lupita and Sgt. Rescue staring at each other. He distracts her, by calling her smartphone, and swipes the donut before her eyes. I saw her growling, like in her wolf style and Rescue running away. Though the whole challenge pack, I was checking from time to time, what I didn't done yet. Half an hour has passed, it's Showdown, Rescue finally shows up.

And as I was about to defeat him, my controller suddenly disconnected. I heard Lupita's gasping. After few seconds the controller reconnected again. Rescue was just driving towards the wall. Lupita in-game suddenly jumped out of her hero vehicle by her own, though I still had plenty of time. She was not reacting to my controller's inputs. After a while, Wildfire self-destructed.

Announcer: Who could've thought what'll happen if you leave Wildfire on it's own?

The music from Spotify stopped playing as well, so I put my DualSense aside and checked the app on my laptop. I saw, it was still playing the music on the PS5 console. But then I heard knocking. It came from the TV.

I saw Lupita, like... staring right at me, and somehow she moved the camera, close to her. Like she broke a fourth wall or something. I jumped a little from a fear, and surprise. I shut and wiped my eyes, and I couldn't believe. I'd feel pretty stupid talking to the TV screen, but I guess I had to give it a try and see if she can hear me. I took my controller and started talking to Lupita through it. She heard my voice.

Peter: Can you hear me?

Lupita nodded her head, saying yes. I thought I was hallucinating or going crazy, so I also asked her, if she can follow my finger.

Peter: C-can you follow my finger for a while?

Lupita started looking and following my finger. I couldn't believe it. She also looked a little worried and trying to look what's behind where I am. She placed her hand flat, on the camera, and pointed towards it.