The Missing Friends

Well, sometimes when Lena wanted, I've sent her back to her game. And she always came back to real life world, to my home.

As promised, me, Lena and Lupita went for a stroll around the Lagoon. We talked about things, as we were walking around it. We also sat on the bench to take a look at the lake. A few ducks were wading on it. I was also looking at the Vocational School I used to go there, mistakenly. Lena saw me looking at it.

Tracer: Hey, what's wrong, love?

Peter: Nothing, it's just... bad memories.

Tracer: What happened to you in there?

Peter: Self-defense against the bullies... and "psychos".

Lupita: What do you mean by that?

I was silent, for a while.

Peter: I don't know if I'm overreacting, but... the place just changes people into the worst imaginable. People there never wanted to quit bullying me. Their stupid grins and pandering to teachers... They were also turning a blind eye on everything, every time. And because of it I stopped making strolls like these. I'm glad though... it's now a past.

Peter: Guess that's how to identify people like them.

Tracer: Hey, if this'll make you happy. I've also been bullied by that one guy. But I was in a very decent school, learning to be a pilot. The guy always was pushing his luck, making fun of me, Emily, and my other friends, until he got expelled.

Lupita: Ei, me too. There was... this dude. He was nosy and was picking on me, just because I am orphan, until he tasted my fist, and other of my techniques. Since that, he was afraid to make a fun of me. Even when he was with his friends.

Peter: Guess I'm not alone.

Tracer: Of course not.

Lena and Lupita giggled for a while.

Peter: Well... let's get going and return home, before my mom will start worrying about us.

We walked back home, from the Lagoon. Though on the way home, people on the street were looking a little bit on Lena and Lupita, like they never seen them before, some of my neighbours were understanding, and had no problems with the girls from the video games being here.

A month passes by. It's still summer. Me and Lupita got to know more about each other. Lena from time to time invites her, and me for a little sparring with her. When the stadium, if is not in use, they run with each other, to get to know who's faster. From time to time they invited me for a little soccer game. Mostly a goalie-like... you know, after three shot attempts each person take turns. And so far, no one was picking on, from where the girls were or came from.

Me and Lupita were also dueling with each other in Rocket League game. Everytime she wanted to play, I prepped the DualShock 4 controller. At some point, Lena also wanted to give it a try. She almost had no match against my and Lupita's skills.

I can't remember how long has been since I felt... happier.

Few days after though, before midnight, along with Lupita, when we were watching a movie. I saw, that she was staring at her smartphone. I sat by her, and took a peek at it. I saw, she swiping though her contact list.

Lupita's Smartphone: This number is unavailable. Please leave a message.

Peter: Hey, Lupita. Are you okay?