'don't leave me, don't you dare leave me.' (loki x reader)

Everything was buzzing, that strange tingling feeling overwhelming Y/N's body as her ears rang. She could no longer feel pain, feel anything, but more as if she wasn't even in her body anymore. She was floating in a blissful state of numbness, of emptiness, stemming from the open wound in her stomach.

Loki, however, was the complete opposite. He had seen the bullet come towards Y/N, almost as if in slow motion, but he still wasn't fast enough to push her out of the way before it embedded itself in her abdomen. Her blood mixed with the dirt and grime on her skin and the ground as he sprinted towards her, immediately pulling her onto his lap.

"No. No! Y/N, keep your eyes open darling, it'll be okay," his voice was trembling, as was his whole body, but he too felt that sense of numbness in the fear of losing the person he loved most.

Y/N's eyes gently flickered open as she stared up at him, the pain of the wound becoming more and more present, tearing through her entire body as she let out a scream. Loki gripped her tighter, hating seeing her in pain, almost as if letting her go would mean letting her fall into the unescapable hands of death.

"L-Loki," she mumbled, clenching her teeth through the pain.

"I'm right here love, just- just save your strength. I won't leave you."

"I-I love you Loki. N-no matter what." Talking was becoming harder and harder for her, but she had to say that, just in case.

Loki blinked back the tears as the full impact of her words hit him. "I know, darling. I love you too, more than anything. And that's why you have to keep your eyes open. For me."

He struggled to form words, his voice breaking throughout he sentence. It should've been him. It should've been anyone but her. He loved her too much to let her go. His worst nightmare was coming true. "Y/N's been shot. I need help. I don't know how much time she has-" He couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence as he contacted the tower for help.

He drew Y/N closer, bringing one arm under her knees and the other under her back as he set her gently on his lap. He tried to staunch the flow of blood with his hands, but it wasn't working. There was too much, staining the ground, her clothes, Loki's own uniform. A constant reminder of the worst case scenario that was becoming more inevitable by the second.

His horror only increased as he watched the color start to drain from her face and her eyes flutter shut. "No, no, Y/N! Don't leave me. Don't you dare leave me." He started to sob as Y/N's limp body lay in his arms, her breathing barely there and ragged. "Come on. Come on!"

He felt lost. Like everything was gone. He wanted to hope, to stay positive, but that was a feat that almost felt impossible. Even as the Avengers arrived with a stretcher, lifting her bloodied body onto it. Even as he knelt there, being unable to move, not hearing any of the sounds around him, not noticing any of the frantic movements to get Y/N help. His silent tears making a thin track in the dirt and grime covering his face.

That was until a tap on the shoulder from Thor brought him back into reality. "Brother, we need to hurry, we have to get Y/N help immediately."

"Leave me here." He was nothing without her, and couldn't bare to see her dying in front of his eyes any longer.

"Your thoughts are blinded by grief. You're being irrational, brother. She needs you there. You should be there for her, if you truly love her."

Loki sighed, trying to get a grip over himself as he nodded, rising to his feet. The two brothers walked silently back to the quinjet, Loki immediately kneeling by Y/N's side, taking her hand in his.

All of the Avengers were silent on the trip back to the tower. Y/N was one of their own, someone they had all learned to love, one way or another. And Loki's love was the strongest evident in the way he refused to leave her side as Bruce tried to staunch the flow of blood.

The feeling of emptiness, of numbness, overcame Loki again when Y/N was carried out of the quinjet and rushed to the medical bay. She had already lost so much blood, and the slim chance of her survival was becoming smaller and smaller. Loki's heart felt like it was being crushed inside his chest, his hands still trembling as he waited for some sort of news. He ignored all whispers of comfort from others, not because he wanted to, but because he had lost all ability to feel. It was almost as if the world was collapsing on top of him.

~

It had been nearly four hours and still no news whatsoever. Loki's clothes and hands were still stained with crimson, the dried blood on his skin cracking every time he clenched his fists. He looked up at every clack of shoes against the linoleum floors, desperately hoping for some sort of news, someone to tell him if his Y/N was okay.

Another three hours later, he was still in the same position. Every minute that passed felt like an entire year, ticking by second by second as he patiently waited for some sort of sign, some sort of news.

~

After what truly felt like forever, a doctor walked out the med bay. Loki stood almost immediately, holding his breath as he waited for what she had to say.

"Y/N's stable. She's lost a ton of blood, but miraculously, she made it."

Loki released the breath, overcome with relief and joy. She was alive. "Can I see her?"

"You may, but she's asleep right now. I don't know how long it will be until she wakes up as her body still needs to recover."

She points over to the room where Y/N laid and he hurriedly walked over, quietly pushing open the door.

There she was, hooked up to countless tubes and wires. Part of him broke at the sight, overcome with guilt at the fact that she had to go through all of that. She didn't deserve it, any of it. Loki sank down in the chair by her bed, automatically reaching for her hand. Her chest slowly rose and fell, a constant reminder she was still alive.

~

Y/N gasped, fresh air filling her lungs as her eyes adjusted to the bright lights. She looked beside to see Loki, asleep with his forehead resting against the side of the bed, her hand in his.

"Loki?" Her voice was especially croaky, but it still got his attention as he shot up straight away.

"Y/N? You're awake!" His voice broke, and she could see the dark bags under his eyes. She ran a finger along them, frowning in concern.

"How long have you been here? Have you even eaten?"

"Two days," Loki admitted. "And yes, your little hero friends made sure I ate something. But I wasn't going to leave your side, love. I- I thought I had lost you." He looked at the ground, swallowing.

Y/N cupped his cheek gently, giving him a small smile. "I'm right here, Lokes. And while I may be a little sore, I'm okay. And I'm not going anywhere."

He chuckled softly as he leaned down to kiss her. "I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N~

I wonder if you can tell whether or not I like protective marvel characters... hehehe

hope you enjoyed!