'look at you, being protective' (bucky x reader)

A/N:
A cuteeee oneshot requested by the wonderfully amazing and super talented and there's not enough adjectives to describe how wonderful they are: marion_laufeyson

pleaseee check them out and read their oneshot book it's really goood!!

sorry it's a little short but hope you enjoyyy

You and Bucky walked into the cafe, grateful to finally have some alone time away from the tower. You had both been so busy with missions you rarely got to go out anymore, and Bucky had decided to take you out on a romantic date at your favourite cafe.

He led you by your hand over to a booth in the far corner. His metal arm wasn't exactly a regular sight for civilians, and he wanted your date to be as interruption-free as possible. The place wasn't too crowded for a Saturday, and you soon found yourself comforted by the aroma of coffee and pastries filling the shop.

You both sat down as he took your hands in his, knocking your knees together under the table. "Sorry we haven't been able to do this much." Bucky stared at the table, almost as if he were ashamed.

"It's alright, Buck, missions are important."

"I know but I love you and I don't want to show you any different."

You smile at him. "I love you too. Now stop apologising and buy me breakfast silly!"

He chuckled. "Ah yes, of course."

You laughed quietly to yourself as he stood to go order your food. You rise from your seat, intending to go to the bathroom, but before you got to the door you were stopped by a hand on your arm.

"Are you here all by yourself?" A young man, around your age asked, raising his eyebrow and grinning cheekily at you.

"No, actually. I'm with someone."

"Well, feel like ditching and getting a coffee with me? Surely a pretty woman like you wouldn't be here with a guy any better looking than me."

You almost physically scoffed at his narcissism, wondering how a person could've gotten such a large ego and even worse personality. And not that it mattered, but Bucky easily beat him in the looks department. It wasn't even a fair fight. "No thanks, I'm fine. I was just heading to the bathroom."

You give him the fakest smile you could muster, attempting to cease conversation and walk away, but his grip on your arm became tighter. He flashed his teeth. "Come on doll, it'll be fun." You try to pull away but it's no use. Bucky's usual nickname for you sounded awful coming out of his mouth. He hardly deserved to even use that word.

"Please let me leave, I already said I didn't want to."

"I know you did but I-"

"Is there an issue here?" You practically sighed in relief as Bucky arrived, tightly gripping the man's shoulder.

"Hey mate, this one's mine so buzz off," the man said, and Bucky clenched his jaw. He walked around to your side, wrapping an arm around your waste.

"Men like you are disgusting. I came here with her so it would be in your best interest to leave her and me alone," he said.

He laughed. "You ain't worth my time. See you around, whore."

You gripped Bucky's arm tightly to hold him back as he lunged for the man. You didn't let his words get to you, as much as you wanted to kick him, and instead turned to Bucky.

Bucky tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. "You okay, doll?"

You laugh. "Look at you, being protective."

The tips of his ears turned red as he blushed. "The way he treated you was awful, you deserve so much better."

You stood on your toes to kiss him gently, twining your arms around his shoulders. "I already have so much better."

"I love you, doll."

"I love you too, Buck."