'I'm staying with you' (peter parker x reader)

A/N: hehe a peter parker one - requested by oxainsxo
thank you for the request!!!

You woke up to the unbelievably annoying sound of your alarm, waking you for the early morning meeting being held in the Avengers tower. The only problem was, your head felt heavy and your throat was sore. You felt like shit - you were sick.

Groaning, you turned over in your bed, clenching your eyes shut as you pulled the blankets closer to you, shivering and sweating. There was no way you'd be able to last the whole meeting without passing out if you went.

You lay there, shivering as you tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use. Being a sick avenger of all people sucked.

A few minutes later, a knock sounded at your door, you propped yourself up on one elbow to see who it was, squinting at the sudden flood of light as it opened.

"Hey, Y/N? Just checking if you were coming to the meet-" It was your boyfriend, Peter. He cut himself off as he spoke, frowning at you in concern. He came and kneeled next to your bed. "You look really pale, are you okay?"

You smiled softly. "Just a little sick, but I'll be down in a second." Your voice was much croaker than you would've liked, and only caused him to frown even more. He placed a cold hand against your forehead, and you almost sighed in relief at his cool touch.

"A little? Y/N you're burning up, you have a fever. You should stay in bed."

"I need to be down there," you protested but he gave you a look.

"Tony still thinks of us as kids, there's no way he's trusting us with a mission today. I'll go tell them you're sick and then I'll be right back. Stay here, okay?"

You nodded with a smile, grateful you didn't have to leave. You felt horrible, and just wanted to sleep. But if you kept shivering there would be no way that was going to happen.

Peter walked back in, and you couldn't help but smile yet again. You needed company, and he was always the best. He came and kneeled by you again as a chill ran down your spine. "Your shivering Y/N, you should get some sleep."

"C-Cold," you said through chattering teeth. He smiled softly, motioning for you to move over as he nestled in beside you. "But you're gonna get sick too."

"I don't care, I'm staying with you." He wrapped an arm around your shoulders as you rested your head against his chest, the warmth almost instant. Before you knew it, you were drifting off into the most peaceful sleep you could manage in your state.

~

You woke a few hours later, your head feeling even heavier and your throat tight. As if it was even possible, you were more sick than you were that morning.

You sank as far as you could into the covers, missing Peter's warmth as you wondered where he went. He probably had more important stuff to do than take care of you.

As if your thoughts summoned him, he arrived that moment, a steaming cup of tea in hand. You smiled weakly as he placed his hand against your forehead again. "You're warmer than before, Y/N, as if that was even possible. Do you want me to get a doctor?"

You shake your head frantically, a bad idea considering your brains now felt like scrambled eggs, dismissing the idea straight away. You hated the feeling of not being able to overcome something by yourself. Peter sighed, gently placing the mug in your hands as you slowly sit up and scoot over for him again. You rest your head against his shoulder, sipping the tea gratefully as it began to clear your head. When you were finished, Peter took the cup from you again, beginning to stand up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be back soon, don't worry."

You nodded softly, and he gave you a smile before leaving the room. He came back a few moments later, a pile of blankets draped over one arm and a bowl of hot soup in the other. He set down the soup on the bench beside you and threw the blankets on top of your already very large collection.

"You didn't have to, Peter."

"I know, but you're not gonna get better on your own." He smiled as he kissed the top of your forehead, snuggling down beside you. You quietly ate your soup, before nestling down more into Peter's chest and falling asleep.

~

You must have slept through the night as you wake up, your head still against Peter's chest, the light from the sunrise peeking through the gaps in your blinds. You yawned, your head a lot clearer and genuinely feeling a lot better.

Peter stirred beside you. "Morning," he mumbled.

"Morning."

He immediately shot up at the sound of your voice, placing a hand on your forehead yet again. "I think your fever is gone, but we better cancel today just so you can recover fully."

You scowl at him, hating staying in bed all day. "I'm feeling better though!"

"We can stay in bed and watch Netflix all day?" He offered with an adorable smile.

You felt the corners of your mouth tilt upwards. "Okay, I guess that sound okay. Thank you for staying with me."

"I can't help but worry about you sometimes, and it's my job to make sure your okay."

"Who asked you to do that?"

"I did," he replied, and you laughed.

"Okay, spider boy."

"It's spider man! I'm almost a legal adult you know." You chuckle at his antics, settling down in his arms as he switched on the TV.