'you're not coming with me' (peter parker x reader)

a/n - I know any readers of any of my other stories will want updates of them rather than this, but I have this story from my tumblr and wanted to give you something so I hope this is somewhat acceptable! I love you all and have a great day :))

warnings: blood, guns, injuries, angst

"You're not coming with me," said Peter, stretching his arm out across the doorway to prevent you from exiting his room.

"Yes, I am," you ducked under his arm, gathering your stuff from his table. "I'm sick of always waiting around while you're on your missions, without even knowing whether or not you're still alive! Do you know how stressful that is?"

Peter walks over to you, placing his hand on top of yours. "Hey. Take a deep breath. I'll let you come with me this time, given it's just a stakeout. But this is a one-time thing okay? And if I tell you to run, run." You did as he instructed, and gave him a small smile.

"Thank you Peter. I promise I'll be careful."

He grinned at you, helping you pack some more supplies lying around his apartment. "I know you're more than capable of taking care of yourself. But I can't help but be overprotective sometimes. The thought of anything happening to you is unbearable." He made his way around the table over to you, curling his arms around your waist as he pulled you close to him. You snaked your arms around his neck, standing on your toes so you could rest your forehead against his.

"You always were a worrier."

He frowned playfully, drawing you even closer. "Hypocrite."

You laughed, closing the space between you as you kissed him. It lasted a few seconds, a soft gentle kiss as always.

"I love you," he said after you pulled away.

"I love you too, Peter Parker."

You clenched your eyes shut, arms hanging on for dear life around his neck as Peter swung between buildings. You never liked this part, but were still adamant on going.

After a while he stopped, and you opened your eyes, stepping on to solid ground. You were both perched on the top of a building, out of the public's eye. His arm still wrapped around your middle, you snuggle closer to his side, the cold nighttime breeze causing goosebumps to form on the back of your neck.

"I didn't realise it was going to be so cold, you're going to get sick," he frowned worriedly, rubbing your arm to try to create some warmth.

You were grateful for it, leaning your head on his shoulder and he held you as tightly as he possible could. "Eh, I've been in worse conditions. And I won't get sick, I have you," you grinned mischievously, and he smirked.

"I'm not a boyfriend anymore, I'm a living, personal blanket."

You laughed. "That's right."

Your banter was suddenly interrupted by a loud noise. A gunshot, coming from the store across the road. Peter's relaxed expression suddenly twisted itself into a concerned one.