chapter 5

Neji's POV
I woke this morning cause for some weird reason I was looking forward to the date. And things were going great for me cause I was getting a head start.

I didn't bring any fancy clothes with me because I didn't think I'd need it but thankfully Sasuke has the same fashion sense as me so I got to borrow one of his dark blue tux. It's so dark you can mistake it for black.

"How do I look?" I asked them when I was done getting ready.

"Why does it matter?" Naruto asked clearly annoyed.

"Aww don't be a sore loser. At least Sakura and Hinata will be here any time now and you guys can make your moves." I said.

"I already told you I don't see her that way." Sasuke said.

"I didn't mention your name now did I?" I said teasingly.

Sasuke looked away embarrassed.

The door bell rang and I was a bit more excited than I expected to be.

Naruto opened the door to let Sakura and Hinata in.

"Hello Nisan." Hinata greeted me.

"So are you getting ready for the date?" Sakura asked me

"I am ready." I said.

"Wearing that?" Sakura asked me with a disappointed expression.

"Isn't this what people wear on dates?" I asked cause I've never really been on a real date.

"Yeah to funerals. Please go wear something casual." Sakura said to me.

I went to wear the casual outfit I planned on wearing today.

Then I went back to the living room.

"So anything I need to know as I embark on this suicide mission?" I asked them.

"Yeah first of all don't take her anywhere fancy. An eatery would be great." Sakura said.

"Don't go with your car. The compound won't fit and she'll be uncomfortable if you drove." Hinata said.

"Try your best not to touch her or annoy her and you have a 40% chance of making it alive." Sakura said.

"Wow I feel so relieved." I said sarcastically.

"I have one question though. How is this going to help me fix things with Ino?" Shikamaru asked.

"Well genius, it's Saturday and Tenten doesn't have anything better to do so she'll be in Ino's hair all day. To be able to execute our plan we'll need Tenten to be out of the picture." Sakura explained.

I felt like there was more to this so I asked.

"Okay so why me? Why not Naruto or Sasuke?" I asked.

"Sasuke would have been best considering he's the only reasonable person among you guys but I had my reason and it couldn't be Naruto she'd kill him so that left us you." Sakura said.

"You don't want to be late so go on." Hinata said to me.

"Naruto, drive me?" I asked him.

"Sure." Naruto answered as he drove me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tenten's POV
I was waiting anxiously for Neji to come because the sooner he came the sooner I can get this day over with.

Then my doorbell rang and Ino springed up and ran to the door to let Neji in.

This was it. I really loved my outfit but I was not looking forward to driving with him to some fancy restaurant because what I'm wearing is nowhere near fancy.