chapter 7

Neji's POV
I couldn't believe it me and Tenten were having fun. Actual fun.

Who knew that a date with Tenten would be so fun. We finished at ichiraku but I couldn't let her go yet cause according to Sakura, I have to keep her distracted for the whole day.

So we were at an amusement park and we played a lot of games, rode a ferris wheel, a rollercoaster, we played video games and I just gotta say that it was the most interesting date I've been to.

Tenten is super competitive and it's funny and cute when she gets the high score at any of the video game machines. Cause she does this funny victory dance.

I couldn't help but stare at her as she kept playing. Ino really did a good job in the makeover. But how can I get her to fall for me if she won't even agree to go to prom with me.

Well I'm just going to hope that after all of the fun activity today, she's going to be in a good mood at the end of the day and then accept my offer.
~~~~~~~~
Naruto's POV
As soon as I dropped Neji off, I received a text from Sakura. She said I should keep Ino distracted while they snuck some gifts into her shop. So I waited just by the side of the road waiting for Ino. I saw Neji and Tenten coming out and Tenten looked so amazing. Ino is definitely gifted.

After a while, Ino came out too. I guess she has keys to Tenten's house.

"Hey Ino." I called

"Hi Naruto." She replied.

"Can I give you a ride?" I asked her.

"Sure." She replied.

She got in the car and I started driving, I needed to stall her so I had a brilliant idea. Hinata didn't  text me last night probably because she was busy so I decided to get Ino to help me.

"You don't mind if we took a little detour do you?" I asked her

"Yeah." She replied.

So I took us to a mall.

"When you said a little detour, this wasn't what I was thinking." Ino said.

I shrugged. "can you help me? I wanna ask Sakura to go to prom with me.

"Hmmmmm." Ino said thinking.

Sakura's POV

After we were done booking the reservations, I texted Naruto to stall Ino. Hopefully I wasn't too late, then we drove back to Sasuke's house.

When we got there, Hinata and Sasuke were already there.

"Okay you guys take these to the car so we can leave." I told Shikamaru and Sasuke.

Once the boys were gone, I turned to Hinata wondering if my plan worked.

"So.........did Sasuke ask you to prom?" I asked her.

"I think he was about to before we were rudely interrupted." Hinata said.

"By who?" I asked 

"By you." Hinata said a bit exasperated.

"Oh, sorry. I guess I have a really bad timing." I said sheepishly

"Yeah no worries. I will get another chance." Hinata said.

"yeah." I agreed.

"Let's go." Hinata said.

Shikamaru's POV

Sasuke drove us four to Ino's house with Sakura directing him. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but a simple and cute house was definitely not what I expected with a flower shop in front of it. given the kind of car Ino drives and how confident she is, I thought they were very rich.

Sakura and Hinata came down first and we followed right behind them.

Hinata rang the doorbell and after a while, a man with long blond hair opened the door.

"Hinata, Sakura how are you? Are you guys looking for Ino? because she is not at home." The man said.

"No Inoichi. We came here because we have some things for Ino. And we were wondering if she could have the whole Saturday off." Sakura said.

"Of course. And who are you guys?" He asked after finally noticing me and Sasuke.

"Sasuke Uchiha sir." Sasuke greeted.

"Shikamaru Nara sir." I greeted too.

"Hmmm any relation to Fugaku Uchiha and Shikaku Nara?" He asked.

"My father." Me and Sasuke replied at the same time.

It seemed like he was about to say something before Sakura stepped in.

"Anyway, we better get these gifts for Ino." Sakura said

"Why did you buy my daughter gifts? Are you her boyfriend?" Inoichi asked me in a somewhat threatening tone.

I against my restraint was intimidated. I couldn't even speak. Juat rumbling

"I'm just messing with you." He said as he gave a heart felt laugh

I sighed in relief.

"Ok Inoichi. And also you can't tell her the gifts were from us. We want to surprise her." Hinata said.

"You can count on me." He replied as he gave a thumbs up.

We kept the gifts for her.

"So.....now what?" Iasked Sakura.

"Now we spy on her and make sure our plan works." Sakura said

Yipee more work

Hey guys what's up? sorry the chapter is short. i just wanted to update quickly because im using my brother;s pc. anyway more updates coming your way [hopefully]