one

"well, good for you, i guess you moved on really easily."

WARNING!
fire and mentions of excessive drinking are in this chapter.

nakamoto yuta.

jiyeon considered that name a curse. a curse which ruined her whole life and left her in the mess she was in now. crying every night, scrolling through his instagram with teardrops sliding down her phone screen.

how? how did he move on so fast? jiyeon desperately wanted to know.

and why couldn't she move on just as fast?

did he even love her? of course he did, he had to. the night at the movie theatre, when he swore that she was the only girl that made him feel that way. she trusted him, held onto his hand tightly, with a flushed face and eyes locked onto the one and only man she loved. was that smile of his fake? was the promise ring that curled around her finger a lie? was she fooled by his sweet appearance that unveiled his cruel intentions?

yes. that was the answer jiyeon decided.

the grip on her phone tightened, nails practically bending against the study material of the phone. she couldn't stop her rapid breaths, slowly building up as the pressure from her fingers caused a video to pop up.

giggles broke the girl's stream of breaths, spilling the lighthearted sounds from her phone's speakers into the heavy atmosphere of her bathroom. jiyeon let out a shaky breath before adjusting her phone to face her, the bright light shining on her tear-stained features.

there he was, with another girl. pulling her hair behind her ear before planting another kiss on her cheek, resulting in more giggles slipping from her mouth.

it wasn't even two weeks since they broke up, but there he was. smiling and perfectly put together with another girl.

"one more!" the girl whispered and yuta nodded, quickly kissing her on her ear.

before she could hear anymore of his new lover's laughter, jiyeon hastily tapped her phone screen, muting yuta's video. her face dropped all the tension in its muscles as her hand fell limp, releasing its grip on her phone.

arms holding her scrawny figure, jiyeon sniffled as she looked down, oily locks of hair covering her face. fresh tears escaped her eyes, staining her already-wet shirt which she wore for the past five days.

was this what a break-up felt like? the toll on jiyeon was visibly much heavier than on yuta, since he seemed perfectly happy and healthy now. without her, yoo jiyeon, as his girlfriend.

anger filled her head, pressing more tears out of her shut eyelids and forcing her hands to grasp onto her shirt, balling the fabric up in her fists. she clenched her jaw and squeezed her eyelids harder, forcing more tears to spill onto her cheeks.

how did he move on so fast? why couldn't jiyeon do the same? was their relationship real or was it a lie this whole time?

lies. jiyeon has heard plenty of them, but this one stung her heart the most.

was yuta ever untrustworthy? no, he was always open with jiyeon and never hid many things from her.

did he cheat on her? no, she never found any signs of cheating and didn't bother to look through his text messages when he offered, she trusted him enough.