three

"remember when you said that you wanted to give me the world?"

WARNING!
drinking is in this chapter.

"cheers!"

the editing office employees all took sips from their beer glasses, relieving their stressed minds with the cold, frothy alcohol.

they were at an all-company dinner at a chicken restaurant nearby the building. to celebrate kim jiyeon joining the reporting team, the team manager decided to hold a dinner and invited all of the other offices in their company.

jiyeon was about to skip it, but the message in the company group chat stated that the dinner was mandatory.

to her dismay, minghao clearly didn't get the message and didn't show up, leaving her envious and bitter.

"to celebrate our new reporter, kim jiyeon!" kim heechul, the reporting team's manager, announced, raising his glass once again.

all of the employees followed in suit and cheered, with the exception of jiyeon, who had a nonchalant expression on her face as she gnawed on a chicken leg.

jiyeon watched her coworkers chug their just refilled glasses of beer and soju, disgust prominent on her face. she didn't like the gathering at all: mainly because it was in celebration of her ex's new girlfriend joining the company.

she swallowed her bite of chicken and pressed her lips together bitterly. on a normal day, jiyeon loved chicken, especially from the restaurant they were currently sitting in.

but on this day, the food seemed to be at its worst. did the quality of their fried chicken decline so suddenly?

"wow, today's chicken is the best i've tasted at this restaurant!" yeonjun exclaimed. "it's probably because kim-yeon joined us!"

"oh, don't say such silly things!" the said girl responded, waving her hand in front of her bashful face.

a sneer formed on jiyeon's face. now she was sure about the reason for the chicken's bitter taste in her mouth.

"woah, your cheeks are already getting red," chanhee commented, gesturing towards her flushed face.

kim jiyeon quickly cupped her face with wide eyes. "oh no, and i've only had a glass of beer!" she whined.

"are you a lightweight?" sunmi asked.

"yes..." the new reporter mumbled, drumming her fingers against the cold glass.

"don't worry, i'm sure it's not that bad!" yeonjun reassured.

jiyeon rolled her eyes, watching her co-workers baby the new reporter as she stabbed a cheese ball with her fork.

✧ ✧ ✧

"anf...anf i say, 'whuss wong wifh me? you should chehck yoursef ouft!'" jiyeon slurred, probing the air around her with a toothpick.

"yeah, there's no going back now," chanhee grimaced. "she wasn't kidding when she said she was a lightweight."

"anf you!" the new reporter yelled, pointing at yeonjun.

"me?" yeonjun blurted. "what about me?"

"yourf eshactly like my brofther!" she declared, still holding out an accusatory finger.

the editing office staff looked at each other as jiyeon's hand began to fall, followed by the rest of her body. yeonjun raised an eyebrow before saying, "i think we should call someone to pick her up."