nine

"remember when you swore to god i was the only person who ever got you?"

"scheduled for august 12, yuta nakamoto," johnny read off of the screen. "his interview is the day before."

jiyeon groaned, covering her head with her arms as she dropped her chest dramatically on the desk. "this has to be a joke. why is he modeling for us?"

"'a rookie model in the making'. that's the theme of his interview," johnny stated. "he was booked due to the popularity he received from modeling for nature republic and BMW."

a noticeable scowl formed on jiyeon's face, causing johnny to swallow thickly. she had informed him about her previous encounter with her ex-boyfriend the night before.

"should we get started for next week's issue?" johnny suggested, attempting to change the topic.

jiyeon harshly grabbed the iced latte beside her and brought the plastic straw up to her lips, chewing on it. "sure, whatever."

they returned to their respective seats in the temporary office filled with staff from DAZED KOREA.

"oh, before you start photoshopping those photos," johnny began, turning around in his swivel chair to face jiyeon. "remember that there's a newcomer company dinner tomorrow."

"i know," jiyeon responded.

"you have to dress formally," the photographer continued.

"i know."

"it starts at ten."

jiyeon looked over her shoulder with an irritated expression. "johnny, i got the email."

"just making sure," he chuckled and innocently held his hands up in the air. "i am responsible for you while you're here, after all."

"i'm not a baby, i can manage my schedule just fine," the editor retorted.

"who's taking you to work everyday?"

"you."

"and who's getting you your meals everyday?"

"in my defense, popcorn is not a meal," jiyeon answered.

"and in my defense, you seemed to have enjoyed that night," johnny responded with a cheeky smile.

jiyeon rolled her eyes. "with all of this, i conclude that you are, in fact, my responsibility and also my baby," he finished.

"that sounds so wrong," the editor scowled.

johnny's smile grew wider as he leaned closer to her and added, "but you like it."

jiyeon clicked her tongue before pushing the photographer away, causing him to slide away in his swivel chair. "get back to work."

"did you already forget that i'm technically your boss?" johnny teased.

jiyeon had to shoot him one last glare before he retreated to his desk. once she turned around, she quickly took a sip of her iced latte, feeling the cold temperature of the drink contrast her burning cheeks.

as much as she hated to say it, she grew quite fond of the photographer in the few first days she spent with him. it was both right and wrong to say they haven't spent a lot of time together, since they did almost spend every hour of their days in proximity with one another.

but why was she feeling this way? usually, flirty comments from colleagues at work had no effect on her, especially after her break-up.

yet, here she was, almost blushing due to a stupid conversation with someone she met not even a week ago.