seven

"it's like we never even happened, baby, what the fuck is up with that?"

it was finally jiyeon's departure date.

although jiyeon didn't want her friend to wake up early to send her off, especially after what happened the day before, nayeon insisted on going. as she sat in the uber nayeon called, jiyeon couldn't help but feel guilty for causing a scene at the dealership, which resulted in her friend's pain.

"i'm sorry you had to go through that yesterday," jiyeon mumbled. "all because of me."

nayeon chuckled. "it's fine! but thank you for helping me, jiyeon. i really appreciated what you said to him."

the editor softly smiled. she looked outside of the uber's window, observing the streets of seoul from the highway.

this was the place she was born. the place she was raised in. the place she worked in. for the first time in her life, she would be leaving her hometown for a city she had never visited.

she would have to speak in another language, meet other people, and live another life in a place she didn't belong in.

for the first time since her meeting with the editorial chief, jiyeon was wondering if her decision was the right one.

was it really worth it? leaving the life she had here behind for three months and even a permanent stay? jiyeon was positive that she wouldn't stay in los angeles permanently, but there was always a chance that something would change her mind.

"we're here."

she felt nayeon gently pat her hand before opening the car door. jiyeon did the same, exiting the car and heading over to the trunk. she thanked the driver before taking her luggage from him, moving to the airport's pavement.

"well, here we are," jiyeon sighed. "incheon international airport."

the editor heard sniffles from behind her and turned around, watching tears slide down nayeon's cheek.

"aw, i'll be fine, nayeon!" jiyeon cooed, wrapping her arms around her friend.

"i- i know, i'll just miss you," nayeon mumbled. "lots."

the two girls stood in front of the airport with their arms wrapped around each other, enjoying the other's embrace for the last time in three months. "you should go check in," nayeon whispered with a sad smile on her face.

they separated, holding each others hands before completely loosing physical contact. "alright, i'll be going now!"

"you better text me once you land in los angeles," nayeon said, pointing at jiyeon as she walked away.

jiyeon laughed and nodded. pulling her luggage, she entered the airport as she smiled at her tearful best friend. once she turned around, she took a deep breath as she scanned the large airport filled with people.

"well, this is sort of terrifying."

✧ ✧ ✧

"passengers, we will be arriving at LAX in seven minutes. please make sure to close all windows and lock all folding trays in."

jiyeon peeked through the window one last time before shutting it close. she was finally arriving at the place she was going to stay for the next three months.

the plane ride was terribly uncomfortable for the first half. although she was grateful that the company paid for her tickets, the seat they chose was right next to the bathrooms, which meant lots of people walking by while she was trying to catch some sleep.